Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Don't believe everything.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 12:09 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't believe everything.

Well I am posting this because I was a little embarassed, in a good way, the other day. My brother in law just picked up a 2000 banshee its got a fresh rebuild boost bottle and reeds, he has been givin it to me for a week about how badly I am going to be beat and from what I've read on here I just had to agree with him and try to not let it bother me. Well we went for a ride for the first time today and I made him eat those words. I beat him up in a drag race- he claimed all the power creates wheelspin and hes left spinning at the start line- I offered a rolling start even though he has 22" razors and stock gearing I still had him by 5-6 quad lenghs. Well I thought I would share this with others on here so that next time your reading about an invincible banshee it could be rooted in B.S.

Old 07-24-2005, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

I just got back from a sanctioned ATV drag racing event, held at our local rodeo arena tonight. Every single one of the ATVs entered in the drags was a Banshee. Winning time: 200 feet in 3.08 seconds. Where were all the Raptors? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Congrats on your win anyway.

Old 07-24-2005, 12:34 AM
Range Rover

Yeh I know but I think they have to get into the engine to make them fast. I was just fairly surprised to find out that with just a few bolt ons this machine isn't unbeatable.

Old 07-24-2005, 04:26 AM
Pro Rider

the fastest raptors can only run a 3.27, banshee's are still the fastest.

Old 07-24-2005, 10:48 AM
Trailblazer

Cool!........Good race Spud. Yeah, the almighty shee isn't invinceable. They may be a drag racers choice and they are fast but only after you throw money at them and afterwards they're not much good for anything else but drag racing. The thing is, they do have a lot of wheel spin and on regular tires they're not too hard for a Raptor to beat. Fact, the only shees that I lost to had paddles while I'm still on stockers. Thats in sand, I've never raced one on asphalt.

Old 07-24-2005, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: spudley
Yeh I know but I think they have to get into the engine to make them fast. I was just fairly surprised to find out that with just a few bolt ons this machine isn't unbeatable.
no, you just have to let them breath(pipes, filter, jets)

Old 07-24-2005, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

EXACTLY. Banshee's stock, compaired to a banshee with pipes, and good filter isnt even a comparison. A stock banshee is... well, rather slow.

Put good toomies, or FMF pipes and a good air filter, and well, watch out rappy.

Old 07-24-2005, 05:04 PM
Range Rover

Well I guess I'll find out hes got some fmf fattys on the way for it but I certainly won't take anyones word for it !!!! On a side note I took a rip on this machine and am I ever glad that there is 4 strokes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I ran a few hills on it and could'nt believe the diferences. As soon as the banshee drops a few rpm drop a gear or start pumping the clutch to get some revs or your in trouble I am not a hater but definetly different than my raptor.

Old 07-25-2005, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

Wait till he gets those FMF pipes... and make sure he gets a good uni, or K&N filter, and rejets. He MUST rejet it.

Then, that banshee will probably gain 10HP. (from completely stock, > FMF piped, good air filter, and properly jetted)

Old 07-25-2005, 01:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

yes pipes on that banshee of ur brother in laws will bring it to life, when i first got my shee all it had was FMF gnarlys and carb work and we rode with a stock rappy, im not downing them but it was a waste of gas running him. i was hopin he would do some stuff to his just curious of how good it could run but he never did, prolly a good thing he aint a rider lol, but after i added a few other lil things to my shee it was stout, and as for the hills, dont let it get below the powerband and he will eat hills up with a hell of an adrenaline rush when he gets to the top lol.