Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

why?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why?

I personally think standards are a waste other than the cool sound. I mean it takes extra work and gets annoying after awhile. Sure would be nice to have that option if u really want it but most of the time auto is the way to go.

My friend has a standard and lets me ride it and its fun sure but gets old after awhile..feels like a chore having to shift especially riding trails where you very your speed alot. Fun sure...but an auto is just as fun with one less thing to worry about.

But again there would be times where it would come in handy..Kinda like my locker. Do I use it...Sure once in a blue moon. Nice to have...sure...required...not really.

So I think they are making it for the people like you all said that just want to ride and not worry about shifting. Guess there making them for people like me.

Ther are going the way of the two stoke...Bye bye

Old 07-26-2005, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why?

In my opinion shifting is part of riding. Ive gotten so used to it i dont even realize it when im shifting anymore. To me hopping on a quad and going is boring. its like driving a car to the store.....BIG WHOOP.