Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

why?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why?

why is it that yamaha (and the atv industry in general) building more automatic quads? i saw the new wolverine in a magazine earlyer and it is a 421cc CVT!!!!! why did they do this?!?!?! that is what seperated it from the rest of the big 4 by's. i dont get it. dont people see the fun in being able to pull a stump out of the ground and then go riping threw the gears down a dirt road? i just dont understand it. or being able to have the ability to control you engine compression braking! i just dont understand it. i can see some perks of having an automatic. they are easyer to go threw water with cuz you dont have to shift, and i guess its nice for the trails, but have we realy become so lazy that we cant even move our toes anymore to put the quad in a diffrent gear?!?!?! it just doesnt make sence to me.

why dont they make 2 diffrent trannies for the quads, one automatic and one semi automatic? is it cost? is it that people will buy anything the dealer puts out? what is it? i dont understand it.

sry. im just venting because i lost it when i saw the new wolverine, i didnt mean to offend automatic lovers

Old 07-25-2005, 12:57 AM
Range Rover
Default why?

I agree. i love to have some control over the engine and what im doing. i dont like it when the trans. does everything for you. i am dissapointed that yammahas 2 biggest utilities are auto. thats why i got the Big Bear. even though its smaller i'd rather have it because you have more cantroll over things.

Old 07-25-2005, 01:46 AM
Range Rover
Default why?

Ya I agree too I love to be able to hit a corner at high speeds and downshift, whip that thing around and come out in a wheelie through that gear and the next lol. Its so awesome. I would like there to be different trannys on the utilities too. Because even though its a utility I am still not much of an automatic person. I tell my friend with his 250ex to step it up and get a real quad because it doesn't have clutch lol. I live for the clutch

Old 07-25-2005, 08:30 AM
Trailblazer
Default why?

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!! I like telling my machine what gear to be in instead of it telling me. The wolverine has always been one of the standouts for a reason. Once people quite buying them, they will see their mistake. They probably won't go back on the wolverine but maybe come out with something else. For me I won't own an automatic.

Old 07-25-2005, 04:59 PM
Trailblazer
Default why?

I agree with fullthrottlez-400 you cant get same thrill of luanching a big bore sport qaud of the line having the air full of that beautiful eardrum deafing braaaaaaaap pause braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap and tearing the ground behind you into two peaces and in about six seconds going faster than most higway speed limits. I like telling my four wheeler what to do than it telling me what to do. Yeah and clutch is the word baby.

04YFZ-450(almost perfect condition)

Old 07-25-2005, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default why?

LOL! uhhh... QaudMan...i like your name...and your sig. its nice.

Old 07-25-2005, 06:42 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Default why?

If the market wants autos, the manufacturers (not the dealers!) will make autos. Some people just want to jump on, and stab the throttle. They don't care about changing gears. And IIRC, all of the autos have clutches. You just don't control it. You can change them up some (different springs.) Some of the big time racers are actually moving to an auto-clutch. Bascially it's open until a certain RPM when it engages. Most racers don't use the clutch once they get going anyways.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-25-2005, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default why?

isnt there some type of auto out there now where it has a clutch lever but you dont have to use it?that wouldnt be TOOOO bad. i do preffer a clutch or standard or whatever you want to call it over an auto.

Old 07-25-2005, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default why?

u have 2 understand that some people buy these things just to go to some hunting spot that requires going through mud and stuff like that, and they dont feel like having to shift, its hard to get but think about it.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default why?

Originally posted by: paintballbanshee
u have 2 understand that some people buy these things just to go to some hunting spot that requires going through mud and stuff like that, and they dont feel like having to shift, its hard to get but think about it.
i get that but are the manufacturers forgetting about the people that want a big bore 4x4 that they can shift? i know a bunch of people that would rather shift than have an automatic but they needed a big bore 4x4 so they got ones with automatics cuz they had no choise. i just ask that the manufacturers give us a choise over manual or automatic