Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Adios, bear. Thanks for the memories

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adios, bear. Thanks for the memories

Sold my 91 Big Bear last weekend. About time - it had pretty much been sitting idle for almost two years since I bought a larger IRS quad. Figured I may as well pass it on to someone who will use it, and I got a NIB Browning Gold Hunter DU edition, 12 gauge autoloader (worth around $900) plus $300 cash for it. Needed a good turkey gun, anyway.

Kinda sad to see it go, though - that bear just wouldn't quit running. It was my first real quad - got it to see if it would be of use around the farm. Did that ever turn out to be a smart move - it hauled everything from firewood to fencing tools. Bought it in 98 for $2500, sold it seven years later for $1200, and got more than my money's worth out of it. Like most 90's bears, the front brakes were shot, but the rear disc worked fine. And that engine just kept on running. Didn't start so easy this spring, until I found all kinds of gunk in the carb float bowl. Cleaned that out, and it ran perfect. Other than the brakes, that Bear didn't give me much trouble. And when I found I could get around the farm without front brakes, that wasn't a problem.

A tough little quad. It never let me down.