Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine 450

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 05:30 PM
DW
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wolverine 450

Real good points, braddsn. I think Yamaha had a certain something in mind when they made the new Wolverine 450 what it is. I know what it is, cuz that's why I bought this thing, so I'm one of "those people" who gets it. I think some people look at it and think it should perform like a Raptor or YFZ, while others who have the traditional utility 350 Wolverine or Kodiaks think it should be performing like a full blooded utility. Who knows, I might sell this thing in a year or two and get a big utility or I might get a full sport. But for now, I love this thing. It's doing what I want, so I'm happy.

Old 01-31-2006, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wolverine 450

I have a 03 grizz......had a 2000 kodiak.
For my next quad the 450 wolvy is looking real good.......I like change.
And by the way........2000 kodiak had 7,500 miles on it when I traded it in and my 03 grizz has 5,000 on it now.
Unless Yamaha comes out with a model I cant live without this june, by this time next year I'll be flying around in the snow with a 450 wolvy with a set of 25 inch rincon radials on it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Wolverine 450

i own a 2006 wolverine now and love it just as much if not more than the 1996 wolverine i had. it may feel a little slower due to the auto tranny, but that push button 4x4 on or off button makes up for it. the sporty feel of 2 wheel drive and at a touch of a button being able to climb that steep hill or go through the mud or snow is just great. im tired of all the shifting over the years. ive had a 1995 king quad , 1996 wolverine, 1995 300 ex, 2002 raptor660.

ive had fun on all of them. i can ride my 2006 wolverine all day and wake up body ache free. its a great overall bike.very reliable and practicly bullet proof. ive had lots of exsperiance over the years ridding on trails in ny. wish i still had my raptor as well, but have to draw the line somewhere.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:11 AM
Trailblazer
Default Wolverine 450

hello,
I agree with Clevis41, you can ride the wovlerine 450 4x4 all day wothout taking a beating. I am 35 years old, and the wolverine 450 is much easier on me than my old yamaha warrior was. I is Much easier on me than my other atv, my Kawasaki Mojave (twin cylinder suzuki bs425 powered). the mojave will put a beating on you.
on the sountern ohio trails we ride, i can keep up with the warriors, 300ex, 400ex and the blasters ont the trail with no problem. When the slick mud or deep sand get them, i pull the out. The On Command 4x4 is awsome, we have dubbed it the "Magic Button". I am the only one of my regular riding buddies that has a 4x4, they all ride sport quads. The all like the wolverine a lot, and one of them is thinking about selling his warrior and getting a wolverine. He may get a older wolverine 350 4x4 due to the cost though.

I am here to tell you, there is not anyone on a wolverine 350 4x4 that is going to leave me behind on southern ohio kinda trails, no matter what kind of mods he has in done. We have some nasty trails done here, and anything above 35mph on them is insane - you are risking death via tree!

I can go farhter thru the deep mud in 2wd on the wolverine 450 than 2 friends on warriors, 1 on 300ex, 1 on blaster - due to the stock maxxis tires. the stock tires on the wolerine 450 are pretty awesome, and have very good traction in the mud and creeks. they also offer good traction in the faster trails when muddy, like it was today.

Old 06-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default Wolverine 450

Dude who ever bashes the wolverine 450 is a noob. i have never, ever heard of the 450 kodiaks motor being bad, sluggish, Gutless WTF!?! READ the reviews, sit on/ride the quad before you just "jump the gun" and say it's crap.
Yamaha is a great manufactuer in every thing, IMO, and i havent seen one bad thing with them yet. GO to PSN and read some of the reviews in any section and you'll always see some idiot whos never riddin the quad, or any product from the manufactuer, bashing a good machine. yes some people may have got a lemon but usally you can tell they dont have it.
hears a acual message:
__________________________________________________ _____________________________
-- Very Slow --

I got this one month ago and I regret it. It's very slow and made cheap. Also, I have not gotten very many complements on its looks.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________
WTF?!!? lol

Heres the message if you dont belive me...
http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/en...3977&veh=21869

But anyways back to the point, i have read all the reviews on the net for this thing and like the one guy said before
98% of the people give it either 100%, or 9-10 out of 10. I really like this quad and even though im a Honda fan, im considering this to be my next quad in the near future.

P.S even though mods are sweet this thing dosesnt need'em IMO.

Old 06-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wolverine 450

Originally posted by: Driveit
Dude who ever bashes the wolverine 450 is a noob. i have never, ever heard of the 450 kodiaks motor being bad, sluggish, Gutless WTF!?! READ the reviews, sit on/ride the quad before you just "jump the gun" and say it's crap.
Yamaha is a great manufactuer in every thing, IMO, and i havent seen one bad thing with them yet. GO to PSN and read some of the reviews in any section and you'll always see some idiot whos never riddin the quad, or any product from the manufactuer, bashing a good machine. yes some people may have got a lemon but usally you can tell they dont have it.
hears a acual message:
__________________________________________________ _____________________________
-- Very Slow --

I got this one month ago and I regret it. It's very slow and made cheap. Also, I have not gotten very many complements on its looks.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________
WTF?!!? lol

Heres the message if you dont belive me...
http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/en...3977&veh=21869

But anyways back to the point, i have read all the reviews on the net for this thing and like the one guy said before
98% of the people give it either 100%, or 9-10 out of 10. I really like this quad and even though im a Honda fan, im considering this to be my next quad in the near future.

P.S even though mods are sweet this thing dosesnt need'em IMO.

Yes...I was excited to see that yamaha had revamped the wolvey....I was willing to blow about $7000 on one....then my smile turned upsidedown...Since a real sportute wasn't available I went full ute.

I guess yammy still has a great lineup and now even a nice quad for those who squat to pee....

Now I know what you are classified as

Old 06-12-2006, 07:49 PM
Trailblazer
Default Wolverine 450

A buddy has the '06 Wolv, & I've ridden quite a few quads, full auto, auto clutch, manual........I rode it, & I was dissappointed w/ the lack of low end power,, later, he got the GYTR pipe(seemed to make no diff, even w/ re-jet), I rode it after that & that made it louder, but not too much more anything- I guess I was expecting more & got less.. I'd like to see one of these baby's done up right, & kickin' ***, cause I liked the handling, & the looks weren't so bad-I know, I know, but when I 1st saw it I liked the different look-- only one Yammie in about 12-17 riders in our crew, so I'm not too Yam educated- I think it's got potential, & I wanna hear & see more aboot this bike, BM........................

Old 06-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Trailblazer
Default Wolverine 450

how is the kodiak 450?
still wolv better.