Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Jetting Story....Ch. 1

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor Jetting Story....Ch. 1

Welcome to the initiation to Raptor jetting. Everyone out there has probably used the dremmel drill and made flat heads out of the soft crappy screws that come on those dual mikuni's. Did you modify you airbox before you run it? You didn't list it in your post. Also you may find later on that the Dyno-jet set-up isn't for you and getting a good set of Mikuni jets from your dealer with new main pilots (27.5) works better with the stock needles and stock springs. If you modify the airbox lid only cut the back 1/4 of the lid off keeping the front two clips with the rest of the lid on, as the carb works better to regulate the air flow. You won't get that dialed in correctly running with that lid off. Anybody who has built a trail/race quad will confirm that. Yes it will run without the lid but not as well. Just some advice, take it for what it's worth. Good luck!

Old 08-03-2005, 11:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor Jetting Story....Ch. 1

Well, my friend calle dme today and told me he picked up some Mikuni Pilots size 25 for me. So now, in the morning I will go pick them up and when I get off of work tomorrow, I will put them in there and everything will be done. I have it ran like so........ Dr. D Slip on. Dyno Jet 144 in the left and 146 in the right. I live in 500 feet elevation. I took my snorkel off my lid and actually bought a whole new OEM lid from www.ehsracing.com . They make the outerwears lid, similar to the K&N powerlid just less expensive. I have the drop in K&N filter. I know the Pro Flow is better, but the pipe, jetting and filter came as package. I have Dynojet needles in the carbs with clip on 4th position from dull side. Tomorrow, I will see how that baby runs. Also, the air screws are 3 turns out. Damn, I am VERY excited. Also, to replace them screws I got Hillman M4-.70x10 screws. They have an allen head top on them.