Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Waiting on my raptor.....Man this waiting is KILLING ME!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2000, 04:06 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys must really be having it tough. At the dealer by where i live had one there about month ago and it is still sitting in the same spot.

Old 10-19-2000, 09:59 PM
Trailblazer

Well i got a call from the dealer yesterday and to my supprise he said he got my Raptor in.
Boy ohh boy was i supprised so i got to pick it up today. have not had a chance to ride it yet but this weekend i will probably go to the Bad lands in indiana.good luck with yours and i hope the 4 month wait was worth it

ex400ex

Old 10-20-2000, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

I can't wait! Mine should be in tomorrow! I got a blue one, I don't really care what color it was, I was just happy to have gotten one. I will do my own personal shootout between all 3 of our quads. I have a 4trx250r with a CT Racing 330 kit, a 00' 400ex and then the Raptor 660r. As soon as the Raptor is broken in, I'll do the comparison. I will probably take the spark arrestor out right away, and then order the 12 tooth front sprocket by next week. And, then of course, I'll be buying a pipe soon as well. I can't wait! I'm 30 yrs old and I feel like it's the night before Christmas!

Old 10-22-2000, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

Well, IT's HERE! Friday, I drove a total of 560 Miles to pick up my Raptor, I didn't even get to ride it until yesterday at Tour De Forest, but MAN is it worth the wait! I am still breaking it in, but we rode 57 miles yesterday, and I never had to go past half throttle, and was able to loft the front tires in first and second without jerking the bars. It starts easy enough with that bar mounted choke, and the clutch action is amazing compared to my last machine! I love it, I love it, I love it!. I don't know what else to say buy just keep on hangin on, when it get's here you'll fall in love all over again!

My only real complaint is that the rear tires hook up so well, that powerslides are just about impossible, the thing just lifts the front tires and goes straight, but this may change after I have it broke in, and can use all of the throttle. (Yamaha recommends no more than half throttle for 10 hours of use.)

Oh, and to the gas milage myth, I rode 57 miles and hadn't even changed to reserve yet, (I was close, but not quite there yet) So I think it is good on gas, at least when using less than half throttle.

And believe everything you hear about reverse, it is TALL with a capital T.

Ride on

Old 10-22-2000, 12:56 PM
Range Rover

HAHAHA TALL ISN'T EVEN THE WORD FOR REVERSE..U COULF WIN A RACE IN REVERSE!!!

01 RAPTOR BLUE

SUCKIN GAS AND HAULIN ***!!

Old 10-22-2000, 01:19 PM
Trailblazer

It sounds like the brotherhood of Raptor is forming. Hey, bigcrash, I hope you don't experience your namesake with your new quad (joke), but I'll tell you this, yeterday I was on a tight narrow trail with my buddy on our quads, and the trail washed out about a half mile into it. I took off my helmet and backed up for a half mile. He had to drag his quad (400 ex) backwards for a half mile with the handlebars constantly turning into the hill or to the cliff edge, so he would have to continuosly stop and straighten his handlebars so he could pull it back straight.I was back on another trail in 7 minutes. It took him 30 minutes.

Old 10-22-2000, 01:40 PM
Trailblazer

To all you raptor owners and soon to be, be prepared to shell out big bucks in aftermarket a-arms because the stock ones break on the big thumper. I have seen several examples of this at web sites and at ride areas. I beleve in dirtwheels they said they could launch a banshee off bigger jumps without bottoming, where as the raptor did.

Old 10-23-2000, 07:28 AM
Pro Rider

Well, the guys in search of Big Air might experiance this problem, but as for me, well, hence the name, I just like to go fast, take small jumps, and whoops, so I'm sure my A Arms are here for the long haul.

Of course, "IF" the A-Arms do consistantly fail, Yamaha will recall the beast, and fix it right, so again, I"m not worried.

I heard a rumor that the Reverse is geared so tall that when you do the math, it will go 46 mph in reverse at full throttle! WOW, good luck keeping the bars straight at that rate!

Hey, Dinocrisis, you should have been a wise a$$ and tied a rope to your buddies' machine and backed up the hill! That would have been funny.

C-ya

Old 10-23-2000, 06:21 PM
Trailblazer

hi rartorrules
i got my raptor 09-19-00
it is a nice machine.
i have hit small jumps climed pit walls
it goes good.
nothing broke yet.
the wait is worth it.
good luck when you get yours.
ride hard ride safe.

Old 10-24-2000, 12:22 PM
Trailblazer

finally the wait is almost over with me i get to pick it up today there is just one problem its rainy where im at today so the big question is should i get it dirty or should i well baby it for a while

Quick Reply: Waiting on my raptor.....Man this waiting is KILLING ME!!