Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Cant make a decision.........tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant make a decision.........tires

Well i need a new front tire and wheel kit real bad and im having a real hardtime makeing a decision on what tires to get......im either going to go with regular razrs or holeshot HD's.....i can get the HD's mounted on T9's for 230 shipped and i can get the razrs for 200 shipped on red lables............now which ever tire i get, im also going to be getting for the rear eventually......i can bet the HD's will be better in every condition then the razrs but the HD's are also heavy and i heard they wear fast so what do all you think i should go with? Also, another posibility i was considering would be the xct's, how do these wear, and how do they compare to the HD's and razrs?

Old 08-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

well in my opinion front tires dont have nearly the effect on handling than the rears. so i would get whatever rear tires are better and then get just get them in front if that makes any sence

Old 08-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider

get the Razrs...

Old 08-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

Well i like the razrs better,so i say go with them and the razrs don't wear to fast either.

Old 08-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

basically what i wanna know is, do all the holeshot type tires(HD's, XCTs, XCRS) wear quicker or have a softer compound then the razr tires because i just want somthing that will last long because i know both tires will get good bite and probally work out for me so which tires will wear better(slower) or will they be about the same?

Old 08-11-2005, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

IM haveing the same dilema between holeshot xcr or I razr I thought about the HD's but i dont like the profile they just look big and bulke and are far to heavy were the xcr hole shots or the I razr are 6 ply which is great have a low profile much better looking and weigh considerable less.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

i really dont like the fact that the hd's weigh alot also..............how do the xcrs/xcts compare to the HD's because i would like to get a lighter tire would the xcr/xct have more tred and/or be better then the standard razr

Old 08-11-2005, 06:51 AM
Pro Rider

Im trying to see were i read it at but I remember it saying the HD weighs like 3 pounds more than the xcr's and the Irazr weighs a lil less than the xcr's thinking it was a lil less than a pound but the hdz weighing that much more is going to drag you down with out a doubt im pretty sure im going with the IRAZR on back and the holeshot xcr's on front i dis like the looks of the irazr fronts anyways let me know which way you go it will be atleast another month before i buy.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider

i got Holeshot XCR's, The compound is a little soft, but i ride them ALOT and in the road sometimes, and they show no sighn of wear yet. they grip unbeleivable, expecially in the snow and soft sand, trails. i love them wouldent trade for anything. The XCR's and 6-ply yet lightweight.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

check out rockymountainatv.com for some better prices

Quick Reply: Cant make a decision.........tires