Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

yz250 vs eclipse

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yz250 vs eclipse

i mean i cant say its not yours but it would be alot easier for me and everyone else to believe you if you take a picture of you, your raptor, and under the hood of your car together

Old 08-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Trailblazer
Default yz250 vs eclipse

Originally posted by: recon99
I think the yz might take an eclipse if it's an automatic tranny 4 banger, but that's about it. An eclipse with a 5 speed or a v6 is a hell of a lot faster and should take the bike easy.

This guy is a idiot... My dad runs a 8 second old's and its a manual automatice ( gears with no clutch)....

Old 08-16-2005, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default yz250 vs eclipse

I say this with experience eclipse all of them are slow unless modded deep I had a freind that got into the tuner crap and got a 94 eclipse turbo got his azz handed to him about every race so he went to a eagle talon awd turbo nos it was pretty fast but kept breakeing down lol cv axles blowing apart then he got a 04 GT eclipse put a after market turbo on it my stock motor would pull 2-3 car lengths then when we hit hit 5th then i pulled away no chance and im here to tell you the STOCK GT MUSTANG isnt about much to me it isnt that fast 1-2-3rd is ok 4th seems to be weak and top of 5th is fasssssssssssssssst but anyways my point being ECLIPSE CARS ARE CRAP!!!

Old 08-16-2005, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default yz250 vs eclipse

Isnt this an atv fourm? lol jk I will bet my 2009 Ford esperagh will smoke any thing u guys have! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] lol jk No but seriously its a 2010 model with 1985 ford f-150 rear springs pushin 125hp at the front left tire. It has millitary grade seats in it for those long hauls when u have eatin sumtin u shouldnt have. LOL jk

Old 08-16-2005, 11:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default yz250 vs eclipse

Originally posted by: ScottyG44
Originally posted by: recon99
I think the yz might take an eclipse if it's an automatic tranny 4 banger, but that's about it. An eclipse with a 5 speed or a v6 is a hell of a lot faster and should take the bike easy.

This guy is a idiot... My dad runs a 8 second old's and its a manual automatice ( gears with no clutch)....
OK there is a big difference between the stock automatic transmission found on a stock eclipse and the transmission you would find on a car that can run 8's. A stock transmission is designed to shift smooth, slowly, you lose about 20 hp through the torque converter which is a lot when the motor is only pushing out 130 to begin with, and it has a 1st gear twice as tall as the 5 speeds. On an 8 second car, you have a high power engine, a transmission with a torque converter designed to deliver all that power to the ground and shift as fast as possible. The power lost in a torque converter is barely noticable on a car with a built up motor. Put a stock tranny and torque converter in the olds and you'll be running a lot slower times. I know for a fact that if you raced 2 cars in stock form that are identical in every way except for the transmission, the one with the 5 speed will kill the automatic car easily every time.

Old 08-17-2005, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default yz250 vs eclipse

did you guys know that you can shift an auto? Thats what the 1 and 2(somethimes 3) are on there for. Get somebody that can shift and then race the auto vs the manual youd be suprised.

Old 08-17-2005, 12:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default yz250 vs eclipse

it's not just how fast you can shift. the torque converter in an automatic kills about 20 horsepower, and a manual doesn't lose anything through the clutch. I'm not saying that automatics suck, i'm saying in a car with low power output the manual is faster. I know that the automatic has quite a few advantages for a car built up for drag racing, being faster to shift, faster off the line, less possibility of human error with shifting and clutch, and better control of wheelspin. But we're not talking about a built up car, just a stock one. With the dinky little motor in a stock eclipse 20 horsepower is too much of a loss to gain back by shifting fast.

Old 08-17-2005, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default yz250 vs eclipse

An automatic doesnt let you rev all the way to the redline until your on the last automatic gear. A manual transmission allows you to control your shift points (can take it all the way to the redline, dont hold it, the engine would blow, meaning u have to replace it), alowing you to sustain that extra horespower that is contained in an automatic. And about the eclispe, if it was a gs-t, it would kill the yz.

Old 08-17-2005, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default yz250 vs eclipse

And why is it you cant hold it tell redling? Oh and thanks for telling me that if my enigne blew i would have to replace it i thought i could just cut a hole out of the bottom of my car and use me feet to get going.

Old 08-17-2005, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default yz250 vs eclipse

I think your trying to ask me why cant you hold it at the redline. The answer is because the engine works to hard when the revs go up, the engine works harder and moves faster, but the gear your on doesnt let u go faster, thats you shift up, and if your on your last gear, DOWNSHIFT!!

Quick Reply: yz250 vs eclipse