Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Rappy EFI vs Outlaw

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 01:43 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rappy EFI vs Outlaw

I don't care about MX or dunes, I only ride trails and hardpack, hill, fireroads, etc. I think everyone with a brain understands the target audience of the Outlaw. No need to get technical and conpare it out of its element.

Old 08-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

I'm a polaris guy and I know I'm In you area but, the OUTLAW is no joke.I was at a Polaris Ind. Test ride last monday,I got to see touch and ride the outlaw and all i can say is,"wow!!It isn't just a sportman 4x4 IRS ,it is all new called PRO-IRS,This thing is made for all kinds of riding. As a matter of fact even the polaris guys said the predator would have a hard time beating it in a track race.It rides smoother and has a more powerful engine 50 hp . Watching the other guys ride it and you can see a differance,,The predator would go around a sharp turn and slide around it ,the outlaw would hold the track and just ride right around without sliding.The outlaw also has the pro-steering ,but it's alittle different from the pred. I have some picture up if you would like to see them.

as for comparing the raptor efi to the outlaw,,I won't make any waves here or anywhere ,,I'll wait for the mags.

my parting words are,, Watch out!! Polaris is VERY comitted to the sport quad world now!! at the test ride i was at they had all kinds of R+D guys who wrote down everthing bad we had to say about the pred or the outlaw.They are working hard at the sport .this is why for three years the predator has had some changes,and will change again next year. Also polaris has aquired KTM motors,and plan to use the engines in future sport ATV's.also efi will show up on the outlaw and the predator,at least that is what the head polaris guys told me.

Old 08-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AceShwetz
I don't care about MX or dunes, I only ride trails and hardpack, hill, fireroads, etc. I think everyone with a brain understands the target audience of the Outlaw. No need to get technical and conpare it out of its element.
Who were u talking about?

Old 08-27-2005, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

yblasterboy---why would it hard to flat track race---- the outlaw could be lowered alot---and it has a more powerful engine then the predator and may even handle better. I think most of you guys will be suprised by this quad when you get to ride it and see it---I know I was and i have a banshee,and a highly modded predator.

Old 08-27-2005, 08:26 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Fixitmatt
I'm a polaris guy and I know I'm In you area but, the OUTLAW is no joke.I was at a Polaris Ind. Test ride last monday,I got to see touch and ride the outlaw and all i can say is,"wow!!It isn't just a sportman 4x4 IRS ,it is all new called PRO-IRS,This thing is made for all kinds of riding. As a matter of fact even the polaris guys said the predator would have a hard time beating it in a track race.It rides smoother and has a more powerful engine 50 hp . Watching the other guys ride it and you can see a differance,,The predator would go around a sharp turn and slide around it ,the outlaw would hold the track and just ride right around without sliding.The outlaw also has the pro-steering ,but it's alittle different from the pred. I have some picture up if you would like to see them.

as for comparing the raptor efi to the outlaw,,I won't make any waves here or anywhere ,,I'll wait for the mags.

my parting words are,, Watch out!! Polaris is VERY comitted to the sport quad world now!! at the test ride i was at they had all kinds of R+D guys who wrote down everthing bad we had to say about the pred or the outlaw.They are working hard at the sport .this is why for three years the predator has had some changes,and will change again next year. Also polaris has aquired KTM motors,and plan to use the engines in future sport ATV's.also efi will show up on the outlaw and the predator,at least that is what the head polaris guys told me.
Arnt they the same engine?

Old 08-27-2005, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

I was told with the new airbox design and some mods to the carb, the Outlaws has about 2-3 more HP and torque then the Predator.

Old 08-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Fixitmatt
yblasterboy---why would it hard to flat track race---- the outlaw could be lowered alot---and it has a more powerful engine then the predator and may even handle better. I think most of you guys will be suprised by this quad when you get to ride it and see it---I know I was and i have a banshee,and a highly modded predator.
that came out wrong i guess, lol. It would be more expensive. Twice as many a-arms, 2 sway bars, 1 more shock, etc.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

I think with the new Outlaw, id have to ride it to see if i liked it. if the IRS is done right, i think it would ride great for the tight and bumpy stuff. i'll just have to wait to ride it to tell if i like it or not.

Old 08-28-2005, 11:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

I believe this outlaw will be a great trail quad and will give the 700R a run for its money in the woods.

Old 08-28-2005, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

They are the same looking engine, the outlaw has some mods to the top end and tranny. it has a close ratio trans --- 5th was moved closer to 4th. the cams and valve porting is different then the predator. At frist look they look the same but after looking closer you notice that the head is alittle different.the head pipe is also different from the predators.

Quick Reply: Rappy EFI vs Outlaw