Rappy EFI vs Outlaw

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 02:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rappy EFI vs Outlaw

Originally posted by: YBlasterboy
Originally posted by: Fixitmatt
yblasterboy---why would it hard to flat track race---- the outlaw could be lowered alot---and it has a more powerful engine then the predator and may even handle better. I think most of you guys will be suprised by this quad when you get to ride it and see it---I know I was and i have a banshee,and a highly modded predator.
that came out wrong i guess, lol. It would be more expensive. Twice as many a-arms, 2 sway bars, 1 more shock, etc.
Even if money wasnt an issue, an irs atv isnt going to outhandle a SRA on a flattrack. The outlaw may have "more" power than the pred its got a lot more weight to push around. I'll wager that a similarly equipped predator will outperform an outlaw on any flattrack.

This is a rec quad and maybe, maybe, might have a future as a GNCC xc machine. If it stays in those domains it will do well.

Old 08-29-2005, 06:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im sorry but from my own personal experiences, if the outlaw is like the predator or any other polaris its probably gonna suck...

Old 08-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

The way I see it, the Outlaw has the same engine as the Predator but, is 40+ pounds heavier. The Raptor and Predator seemed fairly evenly matched, before adding all that weight.
My IRS knowledge is limited to cars so, I can't really comment on its help or hinderance to a quad.

Old 08-29-2005, 11:20 AM
Air
Pro Rider

I am a Honda and DS fan (Both need to do some changes in their sport program) and never saw a Yamaha worth buying untill the YFZ came out being 6'5 250 and a trail rider that wasn't really a option. I just sold the DS and bought a 700 Raptor. It will be hard for anybody to improve on this machine for the Best all around quad . That said the IRS on the Outlaw is very appealing for us Trail riders. All that ground clearance and no carrier to bash on rocks. I hope Poalris has created more torque in that engine because the Pred engine is lacking on the low end. HP numbers do not mean s#&t on a good trail machine. You need low end torque.
Not all of us race. If I did I would probably have waited to see what Suzuki has behind door # 1.

Old 08-29-2005, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

Air,
Interesting spec I noticed on Polaris' web page, ... 9" suspension travel, and 10" ground clearance. Bottom out the suspension and you've got an inch of ground clearance. I guess that's better than a DS 650's front end though, with 12" of suspension travel and 11" of ground clearance [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Do a big jump off of a dune on a DS, then circle back and see the trench your frame just dug in the sand [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img].

Old 08-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Air
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DesertViper
Air,Interesting spec I noticed on Polaris' web page, ... 9" suspension travel, and 10" ground clearance. Bottom out the suspension and you've got an inch of ground clearance. I guess that's better than a DS 650's front end though, with 12" of suspension travel and 11" of ground clearance [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Do a big jump off of a dune on a DS, then circle back and see the trench your frame just dug in the sand [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img].
The clearance is measured with apx 3-4 inches of sag so at full compression there is still clearance. At full extension there is apx 15 inches clearance.

Old 08-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

Now thats a creative way to measure ground clearance, ... part way through the suspension travel. Never seen that done before [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-29-2005, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not going to say more after this ,but this post has been fun for me ,because it is so great to see everyone distort the facts about the outlaw. I have seen it ,rode it , took pictures and overlooked every part of this quad . the one thing i'll say is It will surprise most people,it's better then you people think. I didn't make up any facts about it everything i told you come straight from the polaris sales training hand book.I have been certified by polaris at this test ride of the outlaw.

Having rode for many years I'm also sure that the new 700 raptor is a great quad,After all it's a yamaha,Between the two of them they will both find their nich. One thing is probley for sure is yamaha guys will stick to yama and polaris guys will do the same.

I find it very intersting that no loud mouth kid has tried to start a fight over this post.Good job everyone!

Old 08-29-2005, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

Fixitmatt,
Are those pictures you have of the Outlaw a pre-production version, or is that the finish product?

Old 08-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

pre-production, this whole test was to see what flaws it has,so they can fix it before they hit the market. they shouldn't be in dealers ontill december.

Quick Reply: Rappy EFI vs Outlaw