Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Does anyone knows about Blaster A-Arms?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 03:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone knows about Blaster A-Arms?

Hello:

Look the thing here is that I just recieved my 97 blaster. I will want to make some new A-Arms that makes my bike 2.5 inches wider by each side. Does anyone have done something like this before??
What is the best way to do them??

Old 09-03-2005, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

i hope your a good welder. i dont know if you can do that. it would be very hard to do i would think. you can always buy A arms but they tend to be pricey. i have a set of wheel spacers and they hold up just fine. they are a lot cheaper than A arms but are weaker and not as good as A arms.

Old 09-03-2005, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

well i know lone star makes a set of 2 inch wider a-arms but it`s been so long since i`ve been in the market for ne thing like that, my best advice would be to go pick up a dirt wheels or atv action and flip through it, you will find a bunch of companies that make different a arms not only wider, but also further forward to give you a longer wheel base

Old 09-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Range Rover

me and my buddy have been putting together a yz250 blaster and what has worked good for us is and is easier than building a-arms is get a set of raptor a-arms and complete spindle and brake system off ebay and we payed about 160 for everything and we just cut the frame in between the lower a-arm mount centered and cut the second tube above that the same, cut off the upper mounts completely, in the cuts we made we found some round tube that fits in the stck tubses, bolted everthing in with the upper a-arms just sitting there and pulled measerments from the raptor and made upper mounts out of flat plate welded it all up. then installed yfz450 shocks up front and a 400 ex shock in rear and that thing is such a better ride and for a very reasonable price. i will post pics when back from powdercoat and assembled.

Old 09-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: atkrider
me and my buddy have been putting together a yz250 blaster and what has worked good for us is and is easier than building a-arms is get a set of raptor a-arms and complete spindle and brake system off ebay and we payed about 160 for everything and we just cut the frame in between the lower a-arm mount centered and cut the second tube above that the same, cut off the upper mounts completely, in the cuts we made we found some round tube that fits in the stck tubses, bolted everthing in with the upper a-arms just sitting there and pulled measerments from the raptor and made upper mounts out of flat plate welded it all up. then installed yfz450 shocks up front and a 400 ex shock in rear and that thing is such a better ride and for a very reasonable price. i will post pics when back from powdercoat and assembled.
PLEASE DO! i want to see pictures of that thing. sounds pretty sweet. yfz shocks..... wow

Old 09-04-2005, 11:21 PM
Trailblazer

how about this setup off ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamah...QQcmdZViewItem

has anyone purchased this setup and if so how is it working out?