Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Powroll+ALBA+ModQuad+Fullbore=World Record

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powroll+ALBA+ModQuad+Fullbore=World Record

I just wanted to publicly thank Fullbore, Powroll, ModQuad and ALBA for building me a bike that was able to reach 150mph and help re-take the Guiness world land speed record for ATV's (take that you stuffy Brits). These guys know what they are doing and their combination of motorwork, bodywork and suspension design will help anyone acheive a better (and especially faster) atv. My hats off to them! Thanks.

Old 09-09-2005, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider

Hurray for the USA! Congrads for the reclaiming of the title!!!

Old 09-09-2005, 08:17 AM
Pro Rider

amazing!!! tell us more. was it a sustained run in both directions, like last time?you hit 150!!! hows your cheeks feeling from flapping, lol?
fill us in on this incredible record!

Old 09-09-2005, 09:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Congratulations, all I can say is Incredible !!!

Old 09-09-2005, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mich660griz
amazing!!! tell us more. was it a sustained run in both directions, like last time?you hit 150!!! hows your cheeks feeling from flapping, lol?
fill us in on this incredible record!
The old sustained 1/2 mile record (held by the Brits) was beaten by me by acheiving 124mph averages over two 1/4 mile runs, but he beat me by doing 133. So, I tweaked the bike and rocket and averaged 138 for the new record. I did hit 150mph on the final run, but it cost me the rocket engine. When I throttled up, I went to essentially 200% pressure rating and it blew the O2 bottle regulator which impacted the combustion chamber. Then the rocket pretty much came apart. I tried to match the second run to the 150 run by going on just rappie engine with the NOS and supercharger running, but was only able to reach 112mph. To answer your question, 150mph is freaking fast. I nearly had to have my seat cover surgically removed. The air resistance is so bad that it feels like someone is trying to pull you off the bike. I am actually done with the record chase and I retired the rappie in rocket form. Check out the ALBA website and I will try to post a picture of the latest runs soon. See ya![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2005, 12:05 PM
Range Rover

How does the plastic hold up? Does it ever break or get stress marks? I sure would hate to thank of what would happen if a big ol' June Bug hit you in the throat on one of those runs. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

Man, I am surprised that is enough engine to pull your *****. Your are either crazy or well... no, you are crazy.

Congrats!

Old 09-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: warriorman95
How does the plastic hold up? Does it ever break or get stress marks? I sure would hate to thank of what would happen if a big ol' June Bug hit you in the throat on one of those runs. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Fullbore developed a Raptor hi-speed design that is the most aerodynamic front piece I have ever seen. It was stressed, but not to the point that it flexed against the mounting hardware. It did a great job and even helped me get a few more mph. As for bugs, trust me, it happens, but the EVS armor and neck piece does a good job of protection. But like I said, it's over with. I leave it now to guys with much bigger cuh-hoo-nus.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

afterburner..........Brother.......you got *****! No other way to put it!

Old 09-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

for what its worth, you carried the flag for the good ol' usa. to hear you are hanging it up, is quite sad. they will come back, and try to beat your speed, adventually acheaving it. i can only ask you to reconsitter retaking it if it comes to that. if not, i understand, but i hope you consitter it, or at least revamp the beast, and train the next nut to do it. there are only a few willing to do this, and i can only emagine the feeling of spooling up the rocket, hitting it, and praying, lol. good luck in what youu consitter in the future, and thanks for carring the flag and defending it!

Quick Reply: Powroll+ALBA+ModQuad+Fullbore=World Record