Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 660 r vs Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 660 r vs Banshee

If traction is great(road,hard turf), the banshee will get it due to the better balance,-the raptor jus wants to wheelie too much; the softer the ground the more the banshee will fall behind.This is from my experience. Banshee feels more stable in turns, stock & stock, raptor has moore top end.I think both are good, but to me the shee is more fun to ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

well, I truly think that this is a bad *** comparison.Those banshees are beast in a lot of things.But to make them as comfortabe and hadle as well as the raptor, you have to put a lot mor money into them.The raptor beates the hell out of it in an all around quad.If you are riding in dunes then the banshee will rip the raptor a new butthole.But it all depends where you ride, how you ride, and who you ride with.I would rather have the raptor for a quad for all categories by far because it is great for anything, (xcept mx...lol).

Old 09-14-2005, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: fasterthanyou22
well, I truly think that this is a bad *** comparison.Those banshees are beast in a lot of things.But to make them as comfortabe and hadle as well as the raptor, you have to put a lot mor money into them.The raptor beates the hell out of it in an all around quad.If you are riding in dunes then the banshee will rip the raptor a new butthole.But it all depends where you ride, how you ride, and who you ride with.I would rather have the raptor for a quad for all categories by far because it is great for anything, (xcept mx...lol).
Sorry,but I'd have to disagree.The shee has a lower center of gravity and feels better in corners,not to mention better feel at higher speeds.The raptor is more comfy on long rides,due to the banshees stiff throttle,but besides that,to me the shee is more comfy and stable.This is from my experience.Does anyone else agree?

Old 09-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

Well, i think that the stock banshee feels really shaky and feels like it is going to flip sometimes at highspeeds.The front lifts up so much and just doesnt handle very well on ahrd packed dirt and pavement as well as a raptor would.With a raptor all you have to do is get wheel spacers for like 30 bucks and it handles like a z400.The banshee does feel a lot lower to the ground but it is also a very tiring quad as well.I am not saying that is bad!That is good for the fat people that need to work out cuz they get it each time they ride!But both of the quads have their pros and cons.Also people all have way different opinions about them.But some opinons people have are proven facts...WE havent really discussed any but hopefully we can start someday.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In tight trails I prefer the handling of the 660, tall as it may be. The 660 and banshee are exactly the same width stock, the lower COG on the shee is the only thing that saves the handling. The seat is very comfortable and on a long, mostly straight ride or a dune trip with few whoops the shee is more fun to cruise on. The stock banshee thumb throttle isnt bad, try it on some AM carbs and you'll see what I mean. But if I had to go for a recreational bike the raptor 660 would be it, and of course the 700 would be an even better choice.

As for holeshots banshees spin way too much to get off the line quickly unless you are on pavement or another high-traction situation.

Old 09-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: fasterthanyou22
Well, i think that the stock banshee feels really shaky and feels like it is going to flip sometimes at highspeeds.The front lifts up so much and just doesnt handle very well on ahrd packed dirt and pavement as well as a raptor would.With a raptor all you have to do is get wheel spacers for like 30 bucks and it handles like a z400.The banshee does feel a lot lower to the ground but it is also a very tiring quad as well.I am not saying that is bad!That is good for the fat people that need to work out cuz they get it each time they ride!But both of the quads have their pros and cons.Also people all have way different opinions about them.But some opinons people have are proven facts...WE havent really discussed any but hopefully we can start someday.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Blah Blah Blah

Old 09-14-2005, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

Lol....so beligerent to the truth....lol...j/m

Old 09-14-2005, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

Wow,that's a big word for an 8th grader.OOPS I forgot you know everything about every quad.I'm sorry. Now be a good boy and do your homework so your mommy doesn't take away your riding privelages.

Old 09-14-2005, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

i do know a lot about every quad except the dales.Those are just too rare for ohio.And that new dinli 450, that thing looks beast!I own a banshee, raptor and a z400.The banshee for sale tho...If you want a pic of it ill show you.And about your quad overheating....hmmm...you may want to check your radiator for injuries.Also, you say you run it without overflow rezzy...hmmm...i dunno what that would really do except help it spit out boiling fluid....you may have mixed the fuel too lean, if it dont have enuff oil in there it definately aint gonna cool down too fast...also, check the seal on the water pump just to make sure it isnt leaking...that would be quite the problem.Also, one more thing....Check if the radiator cap spring is still good because that is what pumps the coolant through...Or is that on the GM motors...hmmmm...wouldnt hurt to check if it is the same on an atv.

Old 09-14-2005, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know who said it, but the banshee front end is hard to bring up. When I hammer mine through the gears on pavement [dragracing], the front end only comes up 6 to 8 inches or so in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear. The banshee has a very stable feel at high speed and while cornering. In soft dirt or sand even a 400ex will spin the tires.

Quick Reply: Raptor 660 r vs Banshee