Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor versus ds650

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005 | 10:45 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Raptor versus ds650

Thanxx for the replies, that ds is soundin sweet.Might have to check 1 out.

Old 09-18-2005 | 11:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sikraptor700
Im not a idiot, sounds like you are for making that comment, and it sounds like your biased just like me towards the raptor

1-Which one is more reliable? raptor, I have 15 hrs on my 700 and i have beat the sh*t out of it and no probs at all, did first service, no wear at all, this is a awesome bike, and easier to tune then any carbed machine

2-Which one is faster w/ moderate mods(pipe,filter,jets,stage2 cam,porting)or just piped? raptor, with efi again easier to tune and get the most out of mods in all rpm ranges, and stock to stock the new raptor is the fasted out, and i will race any one to prove it and with mods that are coming out for the 700 its gonna be badass, check out trinity's site.

3-Which one has better stock suspension for dunes/whoops? raptor, the raptor has very plush suspension, handles the bumps very well, i have ridden all day on it and felt good not sore at all, you cant say this for a yfz, not sure on the ds never ridden one all day.

4-Which one has a better powerband/which one likes to rev more? raptor, for the majority of the ways people ride this has a great powerband

5-Which one is more comfy on long rides? raptor- refer to #3
hehehe. . . oh, this is too easy. . .

"sounds like you are for making that coment" . . . Sounds like a "no, you are!" come-back. . . hehehe . . . too easy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

WOW. . . a whole 15 hours. . . if this is what you call reliable then I guess you must be a very pleased customer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Ever hear of the Baja 2000 (they don't run 2000 anymore because no bikes could finish. . . that is except for th DS650 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] ) How about Drakar?

Fastest. . . you know this because??? Wow, Really. . . Trinity's site. . . you were checking that out. . . That's impressive (you're showing your IQ now!!!). . . Have you heard of Four Stroke Wars??? I think Air Raptor is about the only one to have any success with Trinity. Most others trying to build a fast bike have given up on Trinity.

Suspension. . . In your own words you've never ridden the DS for a day (have you ridden one at all?) Yet, you say the Raptor is better?? Then try to compare it to the YFZ (I agree with you on the Raptor vs. YFZ). Sorry Son, the DS will kill the Raptor for Dune / Desert comfort. See my original post for a well thought out discussion on the bikes.

Power. . . Great you like the power of yours but, what real information do you have to compare the bikes??? Have you ever ridden a DS? WHY is the Raptor better? I don't have a problem with someone stating an opinion based on intellegent investigation but, to just say YOURS is better because you like yours isn't a good argument. I'm glad you like your bike but, by saying yours is better than the DS without trying the DS is stupid.

Comfort on long rides. . . Yeh buddy. . . see #3 in your answer.

As far as my comments on one bike vs. the other please see my original post. This was a response to someone that just doesn't get it.

Old 09-19-2005 | 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

I have ridden both and i think for the ride/comfort/power i like the ds but if you like reverse get the raptor '660' If i could get a new quad not counting the raptor 700 i would get the DS in a heartbeat

Old 09-19-2005 | 12:21 AM
Range Rover

Mawcus I can't tell you to much about the ds aside from they are pretty comfy to sit on in the showroom, but I will tell you some of the things I don't like about my raptor. Jetting these machines is a real pain in the butt and a time consuming ordeal, the reverse switch on the fender will almost for sure break in any kind of a roll over, and despite trying all kinds of lubricants it seems as though I cant get that suspension to stop squeaking. There is a few other small things like sticker quality,and the park brake I could complain about but they are not really all that important. Now i'm not saying that this is a bad machine it has put up with some pretty nasty abuse and a couple bad tumbles and survived well. Another thing I should add on the plus side is an exhaust system on these raptors will have you thinking your on a whole different machine, wakes them right up.

hope I helped

Old 09-19-2005 | 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

Craycraft dont build on DS's J/K but he doesnt

Personally i think that the DS are sweet looking especially with them all decked out and orange and black
But,
i would be happy on a KFX700 those are more fun to just ride then a DS or a Raptor but not so much performance from their auto transmission but still the V is too much fun

I had a friend with duel pipes K&N Synced carbs jetted and a K&N, and a clutch kit and it ran awesome but im just filling you in on what i know

Old 09-19-2005 | 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: midnite
Originally posted by: fasterthanyou22

2.The raptor responds a hell of a alot better to mods than a ds.The reason for this is that a ds is race ready out of the box, the raptor on the other hand is not.If the raptor was made race ready, it would have been the fastest stock four stroke on the market.But yamaha just cant put extra effort in like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Bull ****. The ds loves pipes, larger carb, k+n air filter, and jetting changes. Just like every other bike.
No dude, obviously you are effing stupid.You have proven your adelesent worth to us by giving us flase information like this.The ds does not respond to mods anywhere near as good as the raptor does.The reason for this is because the ds basically has aftermarket everything out of the box!The raptor on the other hand is so restricted in the intake and the exhaust that when you open them 2 up, it will dust the ds to hell and back.And about a rev limiter at 770 rmps, that is way too early.The raptor is at 9000, and could still use more.So shut your god forsaken mouth young one.The only reason you are making all of these accusations about the ds is because you have been on this site longer than i have and you pay attention to all of the ds posts.I am just speaking the truth.About every one with a mind should be able to agrre with me.

Old 09-19-2005 | 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

As far as looks go, either people think the DS is one of the coolest looking machines or they think it is down right ugly. There seems to be no in-between. The only thing I would add to the DS is reverse and the machine and I on a diet. I haven't run into a trail that I couldn't fit through yet. I like the way it is built and the weight does not bother me. I have ridden a couple of Raptors and they felt really fast because the front end wanted to come up on me. I'm sure if I owned one, that would be controllable. Choosing a machine is difficult. There are a lot of choices. Really, seat time is probably the best advice. Remember too, that engine is only part of the machine, handling is a huge factor. Some bikes go great in a straight line but don't like to turn so well. Some are boring because there isn't any excitement when you hit the throttle (both the DS and Rappy won't have that problem).
Do you have friends that have either machine? Test rides at the dealership are limited for obvious reasons. I hope you get one that leaves you with no regrets.

Old 09-19-2005 | 09:03 PM
|
Pro Rider

2.The raptor responds a hell of a alot better to mods than a ds.The reason for this is that a ds is race ready out of the box, the raptor on the other hand is not.If the raptor was made race ready, it would have been the fastest stock four stroke on the market.But yamaha just cant put extra effort in like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Bull ****. The ds loves pipes, larger carb, k+n air filter, and jetting changes. Just like every other bike.
No dude, obviously you are effing stupid.You have proven your adelesent worth to us by giving us flase information like this.The ds does not respond to mods anywhere near as good as the raptor does.The reason for this is because the ds basically has aftermarket everything out of the box!The raptor on the other hand is so restricted in the intake and the exhaust that when you open them 2 up, it will dust the ds to hell and back.And about a rev limiter at 770 rmps, that is way too early.The raptor is at 9000, and could still use more.So shut your god forsaken mouth young one.The only reason you are making all of these accusations about the ds is because you have been on this site longer than i have and you pay attention to all of the ds posts.I am just speaking the truth.About every one with a mind should be able to agrre with me.
uumm....o........k...?

Old 09-19-2005 | 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

Again bullsh!t, the ds makes on average, 5 to 7 hp more with an after market exaust, just like ever other 4-stroke. The ds doesn't come with a k&n filter, so how is that "race ready"Taking the airbox lid off adds breathing ability to the ds, just like every 4-stroke. The ds comes stock with a 42mm carb, The raptor two 33mm carbs. Maybe thats why the craptor660r revs higher, you stupid idoit. Go to hpresearch {dot} com and look at how much more hp the ds makes with modest mods. Look at the dyno charts, where even modded the ds stops making power at 6500 rpm. Who cares who has been on here longer, the truth is the truth. You remind me of the smell of my crotch after 3 days with no shower. Yeah, you speak the truth like george bush does. Oh well, you can drag slowerthanyou22 to water, but you can't make him drink. If you had any *****, you would check out that web site I mentioned.

Old 09-19-2005 | 09:22 PM
|
Pro Rider

[quote]

Who cares who has been on here longer, the truth is the truth. You remind me of the smell of my crotch after 3 days with no shower. Yeah, you speak the truth like george bush does.
Dude your friggin NASTY!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Raptor versus ds650