Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Guess what JIGA bought!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2000, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I did it fellow ATV'ers!!

Me and my buddy went to pick up my father-inlaws truck, came back to my house, picked up my quad, cleaned airfilter, replaced plug, took it to carwash then headed for Outdoorwise in Decatur, TX.

On arrival I spoke to the dealer I always work with (very nice guy). I told him over the phone what I wanted for the blaster, 2500, the same as I was selling it for. Well we went outside, he took a look at it and rode it around a bit. He told me the pipe really did make a difference when the front end lifted up on him, hehe. He said he would definatly give me what I wanted.

Well take a guess at what I was looking to buy, not the warrior, JIGA GOT A SHEE! 2001 white/black Banshee. Got a great deal on it. Paid off my conseco finance on the blaster and had 500 left over to put on the shee making OTD price only 5812.someoddchange.

Now im itching to go out and ride it but have to go to stinking work tonight, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I took some pics of it along with me, so now some of ya can see what a goofy fool I look like, the page is uploading right now and should be up soon.
I updated my pics page with thumbnails so it will look better and put up some old pics of my blaster and the Oklahoma ride as well.

Hope to see some of you Texas riders on the trail!

Having problems uploading my page so go here and take a look at the shee here

Old 10-25-2000, 09:59 PM
guy
Range Rover

You lucky lucky son of a gun! I envy you like hell! Have fun man, just be careful with that thing !

Old 10-25-2000, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats Jiga.Glad too see you went with a Yamaha again.Must be an awsome feeling having brakes again after riding the no brake blaster.One question though.Why not a Raptor??Just a thought I had.

Old 10-25-2000, 11:33 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds great. I'm planning on buying a banshee soon also. You said you ride on trails, so when you ride on some report back and tell me how it performed.

Old 10-26-2000, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

X250rdude:
The reason I didnt go with the Raptor is
1.Waiting list is like going to sixflags and waiting on a ride when everyone has the day off!
2.First year production quad.
3.Just a tad off my budget+I dont feel experienced enough for a 660.

As soon as I go riding I will report back on the trail ride, first have to break it in right.

Im so tired, have 8 1/2 hours of work to go and so far Ive been awake for 24hrs, ugh, this day will never end!

Also, I have a few more pics up, some strange reason I cannot FTP to my site and update it correctly, weird, but they are on this file site.
MOREPICS

Old 10-26-2000, 01:12 AM
Range Rover

ahh finally a real quad..lol....congrats jiga....enjoy it. jus make sure u replace the stock airfilter and jetting b4 u do anything!!...i suggest the pro design filter kit (awesome) comes with a bolt in metal sleeve..u cant beat it and trust me u wont regret it!!!!!!

01 blue white raptor(prm skids)
99 banshee blue (pro design filter,fmf jetting)

Old 10-26-2000, 01:15 AM
Range Rover

and another thing the raptor is not a 1st year quad...yeah its new to the scene but the powerplant is from an old street bike!!!

ride on

Old 10-26-2000, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

Did the earlier models of banshee's come with dunlop tires? I dont remember them having dunlops.

Old 10-26-2000, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

Nice Bike...
My '96 banshee came with dunlops. You will eat the tread off them pretty quickly though.

enjoy and be safe

Old 10-26-2000, 10:00 AM
Range Rover

Man JIGA That thing looks clean! Thats about how clean mine looked until about 2 months later when I got some pipes! It looks even cleaner now. If you ever think about adding some HP the first thing I would get is some FMF pipes. Maybe You can meet me in Irving at Shady Grove (Loop 12 and Shady Grove) Saturday afternoon when you get off of work if you want? If you get off at 1pm I can meet you around 2pm or so. I'm going for sure if its not raining!

99 Banshee, FMF Fatty pipes, Power Core 2 silencers, K&N Filter, yellow maier racing fenders

www.geocities.com/mgrigsby21

Quick Reply: Guess what JIGA bought!!!!!!