Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help

As some of you already know, I was directly in the middle of Hurricane Katrina. Well, right before the hurricane, my bike would idle fine and wide open was fine, but had hesitation and would cut out around 1/4 throttle to about 1/2 throttle. Now, after getting all of the water out after the hurricane and getting her running, the problem is even worse. I know the problem is with the carbs since they were completely submerged in the crap water, but I want to get some input on what may be wrong because I dread pulling off the carbs again for the 864th time.

Also, I've got some money in my pocket. If you were in my shoes, would you fix the stockers or buy some new carbs, and if so, what kind and the best and cheapest place.

Thanks

Old 10-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default Please Help

How much money is in your pocket? The 2006 Raptors are fuel injected [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Old 10-04-2005, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Please Help

id just fix them its not going to be that hard. i know its a pai in the but to get them off but you still have to take off and put on carbs to get your newones so i would just take them apart one at a time so you dont mix up parts and chem dip them i would also pull of the top end and drain all the oil and fill it with cheap oil and then once its running run it and then drain it and fill it with good oil,. but yeah go for it cleaning them isnt that hard

Old 10-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Please Help

I would remove the carbs and clean them, clean out the gas tank and lines add some cleaner in the next tank of gas also. I would probably put a new air filter in also. Maybe even repack the muffler. I would change the oil more frequently the first couple of times and also the coolant just to feel confident. that's just my opinion. I hope your life is starting to get back to normal down there. Good luck!