Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

A little suprised about the 700R

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A little suprised about the 700R

Originally posted by: CaptainToyota
Think about this for a second. The 700R is based off of a big-bore kit, right? (with the addition of EFI). Perhaps Yamaha has the fuel mapping set up on the concervative side untill they are sure that the 700's engine will hold together and then next year they will crank up the fuel to get more power out of it.
EFI isnt going to gain a whole lot of performance but its great for the average person who doesnt want to mess with jetting.
I saw a 700R get smoked by a slightly modded DS 650 X, and I was less than impressed. Lets hope that next year its a little bit better.
Cap'n
I dont think it is based on a big bore kit but I could be wrong.. Isn't it a totally new motor?

Old 10-07-2005, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: keelam
Why you guys so worried. Acting like a bunch of pussies!! If you don't like the question than don't answer it. Plain and simple. I didn't ask for your help.
Worried? How are we acting worried? Hmm...and how does that make us pussies? I fail to see your logic...possibly cause there is NONE. My main point I was hoping you'd get was DON'T JACK THREADS! Don't come on someone elses thread and ask a question of your own that changes the topic, it's just plain rude. Oh, and don't take this wrong by going and making ANOTHER lame "which is faster" thread. Why do you ask one question over and over again? How many damn times do you need to hear an answer before it sinks in? 10? 15 times? Do you not realize that NOONE on these forums likes you because of your immature ramblings and lame redundent questions? I really hope your not that oblivious to everyone feeling about you.

Sorry about this YamRap.

Old 10-07-2005, 08:10 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RoostItUp
Originally posted by: keelam
Why you guys so worried. Acting like a bunch of pussies!! If you don't like the question than don't answer it. Plain and simple. I didn't ask for your help.
Worried? How are we acting worried? Hmm...and how does that make us pussies? I fail to see your logic...possibly cause there is NONE. My main point I was hoping you'd get was DON'T JACK THREADS! Don't come on someone elses thread and ask a question of your own that changes the topic, it's just plain rude. Oh, and don't take this wrong by going and making ANOTHER lame "which is faster" thread. Why do you ask one question over and over again? How many damn times do you need to hear an answer before it sinks in? 10? 15 times? Do you not realize that NOONE on these forums likes you because of your immature ramblings and lame redundent questions? I really hope your not that oblivious to everyone feeling about you.

Sorry about this YamRap.
Why do you care so much about what I do. Stop acting like a baby and suck it up. There was no question to this topic, just what YamRap experienced (700r vs 660). And, I was just curious if anybody has experienced a 06 YFZ 450 against a 700R.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally posted by: RoostItUp Don't come on someone elses thread and ask a question of your own that changes the topic, it's just plain rude.
I think I've been guilty of that, but then I turn 50 next week, so it's expected that I not realize what I'm doing at times, you know, that old age mental disorder setting in, atleast that's what my wife says [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2005, 09:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 686(700R) motor came from a different bike to the new Rappy. While 686 is a popular size to punch the old 660 out to, the new motor is more than just a punched out Raptor 660 with efi. Having said that, it doesn't surprise me at all that the older 660 will take the new one with a few mods. Both these engines are pretty corked up stock, and the 700 has one less valve and only 26 more cc.

Old 10-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

Almost 50 , I feel your pain.

Old 10-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: HappaRap
Originally posted by: RoostItUp Don't come on someone elses thread and ask a question of your own that changes the topic, it's just plain rude.
I think I've been guilty of that, but then I turn 50 next week, so it's expected that I not realize what I'm doing at times, you know, that old age mental disorder setting in, atleast that's what my wife says [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LOL ya...it happens [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have a feeling alot of us are guilty of doing it at least once, but some people don't know when to stop LOL

Old 10-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Scooter86
The 686(700R) motor came from a different bike to the new Rappy. While 686 is a popular size to punch the old 660 out to, the new motor is more than just a punched out Raptor 660 with efi. Having said that, it doesn't surprise me at all that the older 660 will take the new one with a few mods. Both these engines are pretty corked up stock, and the 700 has one less valve and only 26 more cc.
Same bike, same basic motor. New cases, head, extra counterbalancer. A 686cc raptor 660 is comprable mechanically to a 700R.

Old 10-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by: maddog56
Originally posted by: Scooter86
Same bike, same basic motor. New cases, head, extra counterbalancer. A 686cc raptor 660 is comprable mechanically to a 700R.
Well, we are both right. The motors DO share a lot in common, but the 700 is still a lot more than a punched out 660. Also makes it that much more believable that piped 660's are beating stock 700's.

Old 10-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

A matter of fact i have seen them race 450 blew it out 450 piped though.....

Quick Reply: A little suprised about the 700R