Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Anybody have a good Idea on how much hp I have

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 03:13 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anybody have a good Idea on how much hp I have

First off I didnt say that he was at 60, I said upper 50's. And I said NEAR as in close to but not quite 75 hp on the bottle with the 20 or 25 shot of nitrous boondockers has availible for thier kit.

Second, a bike doesnt have to be made by craycraft or kenz to be fast or good. I'm not sure if its the forums that have brainwashed the people, or misinformed people brainwashing the forums. Regardless there are a whole lot more than 2 shops in the country and the world that can make a fast raptor. Its funny all the time spent bickering about who is the better one, no one has stopped to think there are other alternatives. My mechanic did the head on my buddie's bike, only his second raptor port job, and it runs darn well for the setup he's got. I'm not saying its as good as the almightly Kenz or Craycraft, but it certainly doesnt get embarrassed. That said, who cares who did his head porting?

CT your bike puts up very impressive numbers for the build you've got, don't you think its possible that someone else who didnt spend 2k dollars on a big name turn key buildup can make a pony or two as well?

Old 10-12-2005, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dieselkid I appologise again for sounding like a smart ***, it's just that usually when someone has put that much work into a motor they have done so by trial and error and have some kind of idea what kind of horse power they are producing. You have to admit, that is a little more than a pipe and air filter change. So I was wondering if you bought the bike that way or if you did the work yourself.

Roost, you said I was harsh. You have a lot of work on your Raptor, what kind of horse power do you get or did you go on an Ebay shopping spree too.

Guess I'm not making any friends here.

Old 10-12-2005, 10:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Starky, I can understand where you were coming from with your post. While I think we both see it could maybe have been said in a more gentle way it wasn't way off the ball. But since I belive most of this was done around the same time he may not have a seat of the pants baseline. And he hasnt been on the forum a whole lot so I dont think he's seen a lot of other bike hp numbers to compare to.

Old 10-12-2005, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Starky
Dieselkid I appologise again for sounding like a smart ***, it's just that usually when someone has put that much work into a motor they have done so by trial and error and have some kind of idea what kind of horse power they are producing. You have to admit, that is a little more than a pipe and air filter change. So I was wondering if you bought the bike that way or if you did the work yourself.

Roost, you said I was harsh. You have a lot of work on your Raptor, what kind of horse power do you get or did you go on an Ebay shopping spree too.

Guess I'm not making any friends here.
Wow, your just full of assumptions arn't you?! As a matter of fact I'm putting out just under 60 HP on the dyno and nothing was bought on eBay cept the nerfs. Where do you get this eBay shopping spree mock? Are you just trying to **** people off? Do you think everyone that has a built Raptor got their stuff off eBay? I bet your just jealous...keep your rude assumptions to yourself, please. And if you were paying any attention to my sig at all you'd of noticed it's a Craycraft engine, far from eBay there buddy.

Old 10-12-2005, 01:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think(how I perceive it).......an ebay shopping list is someone looking up "nice quads/parts" and just adding them to their sig without actually having them. Not, going on ebay and actually buying them........but hey I could be wrong.......

Old 10-12-2005, 01:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

oh......and one more point.......anyone notice how this kid hasn't posted on the topic again?? People who are usually truely interested in something will post a little something to show their interest.

Old 10-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bradracer18
I think(how I perceive it).......an ebay shopping list is someone looking up "nice quads/parts" and just adding them to their sig without actually having them. Not, going on ebay and actually buying them........but hey I could be wrong.......
That makes a little more sense, but just reassures Starky's stupid assumptions because I have pictures of everything on my list in my gallery and installed on my quad LOL

Old 10-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol.......I have no doubt in your mods Roost.......I've seen your posts for qute some time now........

The simple fact that you've been on here since 01 is enough for me to think that you are probably for real......

Old 10-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bradracer18
oh......and one more point.......anyone notice how this kid hasn't posted on the topic again?? People who are usually truely interested in something will post a little something to show their interest.
This guy (dieselkid) has had a few threads chronicalling his buildup, I dont doubt that he has the bike or that he's interested. His post was only started less than 48 hours ago and it doesnt appear as though he's like those kids who post 45 times a day so he may not be online much. Then again all of the crap going on in the thread may have scared him off, I know I wouldnt want to jump in if I were in his position.

Old 10-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah.......Your right maddog......I understand both sides of the arguement, which usually means you are both right, and are both intelligent individuals.

Might not hurt to reread my 1st post(about 10 down) in this topic......I actually forseen something for once.......lol.

Quick Reply: Anybody have a good Idea on how much hp I have