Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I HATE dealing with Companys that can care less about You!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2000, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Over the weekend after veiwing someones pictures on here I decided to get some nerfbars for my Raptor.Well after surfing for a while I relized that Graydon/Proline were the only ones available at this time and they looked nice with the gray webbing.Monday morning I patently wait till 11:00 to call them up to place my order with them.Im in Ct. and they are in Cal. so theres a 4 hour time difference.So me being unable to wait 7 to 10 days for shipping I wanted them by this weekend so I tell them to ship it 3 day and id pay for it.He tells me they wont be in until TUESDAY but I will see them by the weekend.I say ok thats fine but you SURE youll have them by TUESDAY???YES FOR SURE,he says followed by we will call you right before they are shipped for your COD total.Well next thing its wednesday and no phone call from Graydon!!!!Maybe they forgot to call??I call them up and they say(Oh they didnt come in but they will be here on THURSDAY!!!!What the F@#K!!Here we go with these damm companys.So I tell them Look I really would like these by the weekend are you sure THURSDAY!!!!Oh yes thursday they said.Well now I tell them to RED LABLE them next day(Im probably paying about $250 for a set of nerfs at this point)Oh ok no problem,we will call you with a COD total before they ship.WELLLL its now 12:15 am on Friday and you think they called.NOPE.It dont look like im getting nerf bars for the weekend does it??Im going to call them again tommorow at 11:00 sharp to see if they shipped them if not ill tell them where they can STICK THEM when they finally get them in.Anyone no anyone else where to get nerfs for the Raptor??But really do you really think these companys actually CARE that you are bying from them???Do you think maybe a simple call saying(sorry we are having some trouble getting these to you)would be nice.Its a huge chore for them for us to bye from them.I own a retail buisness and after I work on their car or sell them a product I always try to call them to make sure they are happy with everything I have done.It makes them feel good.Well its just another day in RETAIL HELL for these guys I guess.Sorry for the long azz post guys.Anyfeedback???

Old 10-27-2000, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like they were really screwing you over.
I personally havent bought anything major yet, online or from a dealer, only parts that I have bought was some FMF pipes and silencer when I had the blaster, all I did was go to a yamaha dealer and order them, but since you dont really have that choice yet with the Raptor, you have to look deaper and it will be hard for the first 6 months or so for easy acess to raptor accesories.

I hope future dealings go easier for ya.
Have fun with the raptor.

Old 10-27-2000, 08:46 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Yes, I assume most of these aftermarket companies are not gonna be stocked up on parts for a while. x250rdude...man I know how you feel. I have been through the same deal many times. Maybe us Raptor owners better make sure that the parts are in stock and are being shipped the same day. Maybe call the manufacturer direct? Probably gonna be paying full retail anyway, so why not cut the middle man out?

Old 10-27-2000, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

Well to my suprise my nerfs came first thing at 10 am on friday I didnt have a COD ready but im heading to the bank now.Just thought id let everyone no that they did come in finally and theirs not a problem dealing with Graydon/proline.

Old 10-27-2000, 08:48 PM
Range Rover

patience is a virtue

Old 10-29-2000, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

x250rdude were did you get your raptor-xing sign?