Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR600RR powered Warrior

SICK!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2005, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

wow,I bet that thing rips if the frame holds together.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2005, 09:15 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: jaggers2e42
wow,I bet that thing rips if the frame holds together.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
The frame is about 300% stronger than stock. The way streetbikes work nowadays is the same concept as formula one cars (no chassis behind the drivers compartment, all the rear suspension hangs from the engine). The engine is an integral part of the frame itself. On the bike there is no frame whatsoever underneath the engine, it has on mount up front, and 2 points in the rear, then the swingarm pivot. I used this to my advantage putting the swingarm pivot of the engine in the same position. So in order for the frame to break in the middle, it would have to crack the engine case.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

lol.Ok dude sounds like you have done your home work and hell i think you know what your talking about[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]I had a buddy that had a 750 street bike motor on a big red.You could fell that thing twist.Thank god he sold it cause I was going to get hurt on that thing.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:49 PM
Trailblazer

ho...ly..shiiiiittt, how much did that set you back to get it completely done? Motor and frame?

Old 10-13-2005, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: trailntrack
ho...ly..shiiiiittt, how much did that set you back to get it completely done? Motor and frame?
I was checking out your profile and i see your from kentucky but I also noticed your warrior.Do you have paddle tires on that thing?

Old 10-13-2005, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

jonaddis that thing is so nice i wanna do somthing like that lol how much does that engine cost and how much work does it take to mount it up

Old 10-13-2005, 11:47 PM
Trailblazer

Well, I already had the quad for a few years before I got sick of fixing the engine (warriors have the worst electronic system ever), so I dont ever count that as part of my expense, since you can pick up a roller or just frame for so cheap.

Engine ..... .....................$950 free shipping off ebay (everything but gauge cluster needed to run)
Gauge Cluster................$110
Mufflers from 05 R1.........$65
Tubing for headers..........~$30
Raw materials for frame mods......~~$100
520 sprocket for engine...........$15

Knowing theres a good chance you may die every time you ride it.......$priceless

As for ease of installation/modification.....I did this in about 3 weeks in school working on it about 5hrs a day...but most of my time was spent on the A-Arms, so I figure I only spent about maybe a week, total of 25-30 hours actually making the engine fit. Those motor mounts up front were pretty difficult, a few days in those....and the way I mounted the engine required me to fab a custom swingarm that is cut-out about 6" in the center of the pivot where the engine case is. Another thing that ate up a good chunk of time was the oil pan, you can see what I had to do there on the very bottom of the webpage with the pictures. The stock pan on the bike motor is very deep and narrow to keep oil around the sump while scraping your knee through a turn....this isnt required on a quad since the engine is almost always basically flat, and the deep pan killed ground clearance. So i had to cut off the bottom of the pan, widen it, and put a new bottom on, as well as cutting the sump down to fit, and threw some trap doors/baffles in there to be safe.

Ive had it well over 100 (not on purpose, happens kind of quickly)....speedo is way off on the cluster, but it said about 160, i had about 14000rpms in 4th gear which should put me id guess around 110, which was just scary on off road tires.

BTW there are more videos on the website i listed there. one or two might not work though

Old 10-14-2005, 12:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Reminds me of my old bike(see sig).....those are very fun.....man and are they addictive. You never want to get off the throttle......Mine was put in a little cleaner though, in my opinion......we had custom duel exhaust......4 carbs.....air ride suspension.....etc......

Quick Reply: CBR600RR powered Warrior