Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine Carburator question?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wolverine Carburator question?

For those of you that have worked on your Wolverine carburators either jetting them or rebuilding them, or for those that know about them I have a question. What does your needle assembly consist of between the slide and the spring? I bought my machine used and have put a pipe and filter on it, I went to put a FMF jet kit in and am confused as my assembly does not consist of the parts that my manual shows? Along with that, the FMF instructions tell me to put the stock spacer on thier needle with thier clip then there washer fallowed by the stick washer. I understand the instructions except that I do not have the stock wahser they show. I go to check my manual and I do not have any of the numerous parts they show such as needle holders. What gives? Am I missing more than the stick washer? IS the manual wrong?

Thanks for any help you can give. I have it together now with a small washer to prevent the needle from sliding up into the spring and will see how it runs tonight.

-Seth

I just looked at Yamaha's parts catalog on line for a 99 Wolverine and I am missing the top piece of the needle set labeled as part number 4.

Old 10-17-2005, 03:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if your carb is the same as mine when you pull the velocity plunger out and the needle valve is hanging there you tip the plunger upside down and the needle comes out,you will have from (tip up to groves) a thick white plastic spacer, then the clip ,then the loose metal washer, then the spring sits on that.is that what your looking for?

Old 10-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

Yes that is what I mean. I do not have the washer between the clip and the spring. Thanks I hope the washer I improvised with works just the same.

Old 10-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

The wolverine is running AWESOME! It is night and day difference. I am getting a liitle popping on heavy deceleration, but hope to get it sorted out this weekend when I take to some land and run it out.

Old 10-19-2005, 09:25 AM
Range Rover

hey ugly have you ever drilled the clutch weights out?

Old 10-19-2005, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

No, I have not but was thinking about it. I found a good post on hear that explained it well. I was going to do it and researched on this board, but since the Wolverine is mostly for my wife and hunting I did not know if it would turn her away from riding it so I looked into different springs. So you could just get different springs that way you could go back to stack and not ruin you weights. that is the direction that I was going to go and I believe Earl and Son had the spring kit that would work bt I never got around to it. If you have any more questions just ask. Let me know if you do it and how you like it.

Old 10-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Range Rover

i did it but i wasnt sure where to drill so i drilled a bit down from the top and it didnt do anything at all.the end its just not enough info because a 3/16 hole at the end would nick the rivits and the edge os the shoe

Old 10-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

If you drilled down from the edge, maybe go to a 7/32" or 1/4" hole? You can always buy new weights. Give it a shot and see what happens.

Old 10-19-2005, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

while people are talking about the 34mm wolvy carb.... I know back in 95-96 it had the 36mm that is on the warrior. I knew they stopped and dropped to the 34mm because of a flat spot due to air restriction. Looking at my bike with a modified airbox lid and the other stuff I have listed. Woudl I still have a flat spot or would picking up a 36mm warrior carb off ebay give me a little more peppp?

Old 10-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

If you want a 36mm carb you will have to use the older Wolverine style. If you use one from a Warrior you will need to put in a manual clutch kit since there is no enricher for the idle circuit.

Quick Reply: Wolverine Carburator question?