Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

would i win?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default would i win?

me and my friend both got new atv's, i got a 05' yfz, and he got a '06 limited edition banshee. both quads are stock, except he just put a boost bottle on his the other day. I was wanting to drag race him, but he only wants to drag race me if there is money involved... we both have about the same riding experience, and we would probablly drag on asphault. would his adjustable rear shock come into play? how far should we race? would i win?

Old 10-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default would i win?

You would easily take him. Stock banshees, I think, has a lower top speed than a YFZ450 and accelerates slower than a YFZ450. so, I think you could take him in a 300fr, 600fr, 900ft, 100000560654564ft drag anyday![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2005, 10:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default would i win?

I'm not so sure that the yfz could take a banshee in an all out drag, the banshee is insane in a straight line while the yfz's design focuses more in the handling and suspension categories. It would be close, but my money would be on the banshee.

Old 10-25-2005, 07:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default would i win?

Any of you guys raced a banshee in any state of tune on the road? On concrete, asphault, and similar surfaces the banshee launches like a fighter jet coming off a carrier deck. The yfz accellerates quicker but you'll be slower off the line. I've never had these two machines together in stock trim so I cant say which will have a higher top end but they are close enough that it will come down to proper shift timing and how bad he beats you off the launch.

Old 10-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default would i win?

Originally posted by: maddog56
Any of you guys raced a banshee in any state of tune on the road? On concrete, asphault, and similar surfaces the banshee launches like a fighter jet coming off a carrier deck. The yfz accellerates quicker but you'll be slower off the line. I've never had these two machines together in stock trim so I cant say which will have a higher top end but they are close enough that it will come down to proper shift timing and how bad he beats you off the launch.
Thats what i said! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Trailblazer
Default would i win?

Yea right mark fiddling...a banshee would easily tak him...no offense...but anyway, its a fact.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default would i win?

Originally posted by: Grizzly09
Yea right mark fiddling...a banshee would easily tak him...no offense...but anyway, its a fact.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
its a stock LOSER! Get it straight before I come to your house. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2005, 04:20 PM
Range Rover
Default would i win?

It comes down to the rider. My borther on his 'shee has lost to a guy that has a yfz that is only mildy slower. I have beat the same guy multiple times on sand with same tires riding my 250R as has my brother. The rider being used to his bike makes the most difference. Not to mention the fact that some people crack under pressure.

Old 10-25-2005, 04:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default would i win?

Originally posted by: MarkFiddling
No thats not what you said, you just said the yfz accellerates faster. You didnt include that its slower off the line and could have a lower top speed, or that it would come down to rider.

Dont claim to have said what I did when its not even close.

Old 10-25-2005, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default would i win?

Originally posted by: MarkFiddling
No thats not what you said, you just said the yfz accellerates faster. You didnt include that its slower off the line and could have a lower top speed, or that it would come down to rider.

Dont claim to have said what I did when its not even close.
Why you being so mad. Cheese. Can't take a lil joke or what?