Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha R1 VS Nissan Skyline GTR R34 v-spec II NUR

atv connections forum

Old 10-29-2005, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Curls
I actually have quite a bit of experience doing 1/4 mile runs on modified and stock motorcycles. I don't know much about Nissen Skylines, but I do know a lot about sport bikes. I have run in the mid 9's with a Hayabusa and have never seen a street legal car that could touch me. Street bikes regardless of horsepower have a real hard time getting much under 9 because they can't hold the front of the bike down or the rear wheel spins out. Wheelie bars and fat slicks help, but I am talking street legal here. I have stated in other post that I have seen only a hand full of street legal cars run in the 9's. I know they are out there just not here in Phoenix at Speedworld when I am there. Yes the Nissen would need something around 800 horsepower to turn a 1/4 mile in the 9's. It would also need twin turbos or most likely a supercharger to even approach this. NOS is not allowed because you can't use it on the street. I have seen R1's that run in the 9's so my money will stay on the bike.

Oh, when is Markfiddling getting a quad?
i disagree. On SuperStreet Magazine, a NON twin turbo Acura RSX ran 9 seconds flat. It was all engine, no nitrrous. But it had and individual throttle body. I think a skyline could do better than that, especially with 800hp, twin horsepower. But, so most of you guys think the R1 would easilt take the car?

Old 10-29-2005, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ZimRaptor
a stock R1 would woop any stock jap crap
I wasn't talking about stock skyline. I was talking about a highly modified Yamaha R1 and highly modified Skyline. What is the highest hp you guys have seen on a bike? And oh yeah, they're both Japan vehicles. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2005, 01:11 AM
Range Rover

This is just answering your question about the highest hp i have seen on a bike. I have seen some hayabusas with 500 HP. Has anybody ever heard of ghost rider I think his bike has around 500 hp and he drives it on the sreet. I think from a stop the race would be closer with the bike winning, but from something like a 60 mph roll i think the skyline would would get it's a$$ handed to it.

Old 10-30-2005, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: thedieselkid
This is just answering your question about the highest hp i have seen on a bike. I have seen some hayabusas with 500 HP. Has anybody ever heard of ghost rider I think his bike has around 500 hp and he drives it on the sreet. I think from a stop the race would be closer with the bike winning, but from something like a 60 mph roll i think the skyline would would get it's a$$ handed to it.
WOW! 500 hp. wew...thats alot. Where did you see this?

Old 10-30-2005, 02:15 AM
Pro Rider
Old 10-30-2005, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

Money on the bike considering that it has an excellent rider.

Old 10-30-2005, 09:19 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MarkFiddling
Originally posted by: Curls
I actually have quite a bit of experience doing 1/4 mile runs on modified and stock motorcycles. I don't know much about Nissen Skylines, but I do know a lot about sport bikes. I have run in the mid 9's with a Hayabusa and have never seen a street legal car that could touch me. Street bikes regardless of horsepower have a real hard time getting much under 9 because they can't hold the front of the bike down or the rear wheel spins out. Wheelie bars and fat slicks help, but I am talking street legal here. I have stated in other post that I have seen only a hand full of street legal cars run in the 9's. I know they are out there just not here in Phoenix at Speedworld when I am there. Yes the Nissen would need something around 800 horsepower to turn a 1/4 mile in the 9's. It would also need twin turbos or most likely a supercharger to even approach this. NOS is not allowed because you can't use it on the street. I have seen R1's that run in the 9's so my money will stay on the bike.

Oh, when is Markfiddling getting a quad?
i disagree. On SuperStreet Magazine, a NON twin turbo Acura RSX ran 9 seconds flat. It was all engine, no nitrrous. But it had and individual throttle body. I think a skyline could do better than that, especially with 800hp, twin horsepower. But, so most of you guys think the R1 would easilt take the car?
buddy ive seen a pro stock challenger pushing 900hp with no nitrous/blower/turbo, straight carb

oh and btw, whoever said they saw a busa with 500hp is pulling those stats right out of his ***

Old 10-30-2005, 01:08 PM
Range Rover

ZimRaptor the busa is capable of 500 hp with a turbo and a properly built motor. Watch the video of ghost rider up there that is one of the bikes that is up there around 500.

Quick Reply: Yamaha R1 VS Nissan Skyline GTR R34 v-spec II NUR