Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Dynojet Powercommander

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynojet Powercommander

I recieved it today and started playing with it. I installed the pre made map for a full exhaust, lid off filter with stock air box. Im running the pro design intake with the lid off the box and the muffler has been removed, and replaced with a stainless tip in its place. Im gonna install the unit on the bike tommorow and run it. Im hopin for something better than the white spark plug thats on it!!!!

Once i get the hang of this thing, and the Trinity complete exhaust, i want to make my own map to go with the intake that I have.

Who else has one of these?

Old 10-29-2005, 02:41 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Glamis700
I recieved it today and started playing with it. I installed the pre made map for a full exhaust, lid off filter with stock air box. Im running the pro design intake with the lid off the box and the muffler has been removed, and replaced with a stainless tip in its place. Im gonna install the unit on the bike tommorow and run it. Im hopin for something better than the white spark plug thats on it!!!!

Once i get the hang of this thing, and the Trinity complete exhaust, i want to make my own map to go with the intake that I have.

Who else has one of these?
for these map things, i dont really know much about them, do you map them by yourself on the computer with a type of software?

Old 10-29-2005, 03:26 AM
Pro Rider

Yes ^ you can,

I went with the dobeck and ruining a phoenix sparky and a gytr intake, and i have a HMF full pipe on order

Old 10-29-2005, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

They Dynojet has 5 or 6 premade maps for certain combonations of exhaust, and lid on or off box. It comes with software you install to your computer, then you use the USB port to communicate back and forth. You can modify the pre made maps or make your own. Its gonna be awhile till i make my own, so im just gonna try the premade one first and see how the bike reacts, and go from there.

Old 10-29-2005, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

They Dynojet has 5 or 6 premade maps for certain combonations of exhaust, and lid on or off box. It comes with software you install to your computer, then you use the USB port to communicate back and forth. You can modify the pre made maps or make your own. Its gonna be awhile till i make my own, so im just gonna try the premade one first and see how the bike reacts, and go from there.
For where your at on your mods right now I would start with this map <u>M416-003 </u> It's plenty rich and if after reading your plug you feel the need to fatten it up a little more then you can either do a manual button adjust or go in to the PCIII software and mod the map. Thats what I did, I fattened it up 4% in the upper end and it pulls hard all the way thru 5th gear and gives me a light tan reading on the plug. You'll love the throttle response and smooth power delivery the PCIII gives. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2005, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

Im using the 006 map. Ill have to compare the 003\006 maps side to side. All ive done since install is rode around the block, so I dont have any results to report yet.

Randy what map are you using that you modified? Ive noted your mods in your signature.

Im glad youve got great results, thats very encouraging to here.

Old 10-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

Im using the 006 map. Ill have to compare the 003\006 maps side to side. All ive done since install is rode around the block, so I dont have any results to report yet.

Randy what map are you using that you modified? Ive noted your mods in your signature.

Im glad youve got great results, thats very encouraging to here.
Right now I'm using a modified version of M416-003 and it's working well for my mods.
As soon as I get a full system (Ihave it narrowed down to either the LRD or the CT systems) I'll load up M416-006 and go from there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

It sure beats changin jets don't it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 10-30-2005, 10:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally posted by: Glamis700 Im hopin for something better than the white spark plug thats on it!!!!
Been down that road, scarey sight seeing the plug as white as mine was with just a filter change.