Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Would it Hurt the Quad?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would it Hurt the Quad?

Mark,

All the mudders and guys that run their 10,000 dollar machines through the mud and deep water throw them away after those runs. The frames dissolve and all the wires melt. Most of them a lucky just to make it through once. Quads are very hydrophobic (afraid of water). People actually have them dry cleaned using the one hour martinizing process just to keep the quads from melting here in the desert where I live. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

If you don't have a quad by March no one is going to talk to you anymore. Why do you have to wait till March?

Old 10-30-2005, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Curls
Mark,

All the mudders and guys that run their 10,000 dollar machines through the mud and deep water throw them away after those runs. The frames dissolve and all the wires melt. Most of them a lucky just to make it through once. Quads are very hydrophobic (afraid of water). People actually have them dry cleaned using the one hour martinizing process just to keep the quads from melting here in the desert where I live. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

If you don't have a quad by March no one is going to talk to you anymore. Why do you have to wait till March?
If I get straight A's, I would be able to get a quad. That deal with my dad was made about three years ago when I first saw the YFZ450. I got all A's from that day on. I was like in my mind, "Whatever. Do good in school and I might sacrifice some of my fun time now, but eventually, I would have the funnest time of my life on my new YFZ450 in the summer." That never happened because my dad used the spare money to buy a Bobcat, new pole barn, and took in my three cousins as my brothers and sisters because their parnets pasted away. Now my dad and mom is the only people working to support the eight people (me, mom, dad, sister, cousin boy, cousin boy # 2, cousin girl, and grandma) family and I respect that. He said that when he has the money, he would buy it for me right away. He told me that he was on a budget and wouldn't like to spend $7,000 on a new quad for me just for fun and sacrifice the food that our family eats and the roof above us. My dad works lots of overtimes because he needs to in order to keep us living. I just don't want him to work even more and get all stressed out because he is already stressed. My dad was a ladies man when he was young, but now he's not because he is so stressed out, that he is now bald (not totally but almost all. The doctor said it was the stress, not the genes). I understand and got all A's until today. Now he said that he would be able to get me the quad by March because he would have payed off all of the debts, except for the house, and would have money to buy it for me. I am waiting and waiting until that day comes. See, I never owned a quad before in my life. I only have been riding my friends quads, and it is sometimes not fun because you have to follow their rules. I just hope that nothing unexpected comes up to cause me to not get the quad I am dying for.

PS: I am so desperate to save money now that I take a shower with the light close and carry around flashlights at night to save electricity.

Old 10-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For 99% of these questions you'd know the day you got a quad. If you've been riding your friend's machine you should know half of the things you've asked. And I really hope you've been riding another atv beforehand, because throwing a rookie on a yfz, banshee, or raptor isnt a good idea.

You claim to get straight A's but aren't able to read other threads before you post your own and cant figure out that an atv is able to get rained on without being ruined?

Old 10-30-2005, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog56
For 99% of these questions you'd know the day you got a quad. If you've been riding your friend's machine you should know half of the things you've asked. And I really hope you've been riding another atv beforehand, because throwing a rookie on a yfz, banshee, or raptor isnt a good idea.

You claim to get straight A's but aren't able to read other threads before you post your own and cant figure out that an atv is able to get rained on without being ruined?
Yeah.

Old 10-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider

I have one chance to get any quad I want, and I am not wasting it on a lesser quad. Might as well get the biggest, baddest quad I have heard about. All I have to do is take it slow and learn from it. I will eventually be able to handle and have control over it.

Old 10-30-2005, 08:09 PM
Range Rover

To give ya a straight answer nothing will be hurt on the machine if it gets rained on going down the road. As far as the frame rusting dont wory abought it. It will only rust in little specs where the paint is chipped. I tow mine all over the country on an open trailer in every weather emaginable. The only thing you have to wory abought with water is if you sink it in a lake or deep river and it gets watter in the engine. all the electrical stuf is sealed and will not give ya problems unless you repeatedly and regularly take it in watter up to the seat. Dont let everyone give ya to much greif over asking questions. I have found its one of the best ways to learn stuff. Theres no such thing as a dumb question. Just dumb answers. Better to over reserch a new purchase than not reserching at all and finding out latter that ther is something you dont like abought your new toy.

Old 10-30-2005, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BKrukow
To give ya a straight answer nothing will be hurt on the machine if it gets rained on going down the road. As far as the frame rusting dont wory abought it. It will only rust in little specs where the paint is chipped. I tow mine all over the country on an open trailer in every weather emaginable. The only thing you have to wory abought with water is if you sink it in a lake or deep river and it gets watter in the engine. all the electrical stuf is sealed and will not give ya problems unless you repeatedly and regularly take it in watter up to the seat. Dont let everyone give ya to much greif over asking questions. I have found its one of the best ways to learn stuff. Theres no such thing as a dumb question. Just dumb answers. Better to over reserch a new purchase than not reserching at all and finding out latter that ther is something you dont like abought your new toy.
Thank You. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2005, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

why don't you just work to get one thats how i bought my truck and quad i work my a$$ off not let my dad.

Old 10-31-2005, 05:08 PM
Trailblazer

mark, just a reply on why you are going for a 450 as your first buy rather than something "not as fast" , well i bought a 03 rappy 660 two weeks ago, i had driven a 125 bike once in my life before this and the only experience i had was HOW to drive (use clutch, shift gears etc.) anyways once on the rappy for the first time taking off was easier than i thought and in no time i was speeding through the gears,
im known to be a very quick learner to things and i believe you will have no prob on the 450, on my second day of having the rappy i jumped it about 3ft in the air on little hills and was practicing wheelies, i can get the bike up but i cant keep it up for long but still its a start eh,
IMO i think you are right to get the biggest n baddest first, just mak sure you have plenty of land to practice on LOL
good luck with your straight As and i hope you get what you dream of, myself ive waited years for my dream to come true and i havent had so much fun till i got it
GOOD LUCK

Old 10-31-2005, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ATloVer
mark, just a reply on why you are going for a 450 as your first buy rather than something "not as fast" , well i bought a 03 rappy 660 two weeks ago, i had driven a 125 bike once in my life before this and the only experience i had was HOW to drive (use clutch, shift gears etc.) anyways once on the rappy for the first time taking off was easier than i thought and in no time i was speeding through the gears,
im known to be a very quick learner to things and i believe you will have no prob on the 450, on my second day of having the rappy i jumped it about 3ft in the air on little hills and was practicing wheelies, i can get the bike up but i cant keep it up for long but still its a start eh,
IMO i think you are right to get the biggest n baddest first, just mak sure you have plenty of land to practice on LOL
good luck with your straight As and i hope you get what you dream of, myself ive waited years for my dream to come true and i havent had so much fun till i got it
GOOD LUCK
Thanks! Oh, I have plenty of land to drive on, but it is actually my friends which is my neighbor. He has 196 acres! And thank you for that post! It's going to make me try harder. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Would it Hurt the Quad?