Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Would it Hurt the Quad?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would it Hurt the Quad?

its called a bank, mabe u should try it sumtime.... its just a lil bit more secure than ur bed, lol. anyways yea..... i save up all my money too but end up spending it on "stuff". i have 123 dollars.... kuz im cool like that. ill probably spend that on a new hopper for my pball gun if my dad doesnt give in to my begging, lol.

Old 11-06-2005, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

Off subject, but Maddog, I now don't care because it's a thread that I started. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyways, has anybody ever ridden or witnessed a YFZ450 in the trails? How does it stand? Word is that the YFZ450 overheats and all these other problems start to occur. Thanks!!!

Old 11-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: MarkFiddling
Off subject, but Maddog, I now don't care because it's a thread that I started. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyways, has anybody ever ridden or witnessed a YFZ450 in the trails? How does it stand? Word is that the YFZ450 overheats and all these other problems start to occur. Thanks!!!
Huh??? I havent posted in this thread for a week, and my last post wasnt asking anything.

Would that be a reference to you hijacking another thread?

Old 11-06-2005, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog56
Originally posted by: MarkFiddling
Huh??? I havent posted in this thread for a week, and my last post wasnt asking anything.

Would that be a reference to you hijacking another thread?
Yes, it is.

Old 11-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Range Rover

ok wait a minute!!! I have a 02 beartracker and have ridden it though but up past the engine water to the gas tank and power washed after every ride and have never dried it off.... WATER will not hurt the fourwheeler unless you get it in the engine or have exposed wires..... Trust me for the past 3 and a half years only thing wrong with my fourwheeler is that i have had a engine rebuilt (obvioulsy) and a lil surface rust on frame and floorboards.... if rain hurts ur fourwheeler than it is some kind of acid rain!!

Old 11-07-2005, 04:17 AM
Trailblazer

Rather than the YFZ dream qaud, why not take it down a notch and ask for a used 400EX? Plenty fast, great handling, reliable, and they can be had for around $3000! With your $2000 you could buy some good riding gear and still pay for half the quad yourself. You really wouldn't be giving up that much unless you are planning to race seriously, and you might save what hair is left on your Dad's head. AND you would probably be riding much sooner.

You sound like a good, smart kid. You seem less selfish than most kids your age but you could still take a giant stride toward manhood by changing your outlook. The A grades are for your own benefit. Keep that up, choose your profession wisely, and you can have anything you want. This is not your 'one shot' at a dream machine. You are young and you will have many, many more. You can determine how many more by your actions.

Another idea for you: Enjoy this time with your Dad. Why not say "Hey Dad, rather than spend $7000 on one quad for me, why not get us each a $3500 quad and we can ride together?"

Now let me tell you where I am coming from. Our stories are similar. When I was 15 I wanted a Banshee really bad, Just like you want the YFZ. My Dad agreed if I could keep my grades up for a year I could have it. I did. But by that time Dad had heard several horror stories about kids on high performance quads (the Banshee in particular) and decided that I should get something decidedly more entry level and that he was going to get one to to ride with me and keep an eye on me. I was very angry at the time but looking back, riding $2000 Blasters with my Dad is one of my fondest memories. And several years later, after much riding experience, I still nearly managed to kill myself on a Banshee. Had my first ATV been the "lightswitch" Banshee, my parents would probably have nothing but pictures to remember me by. My Dad sure is a smart guy.

Think about it and good luck either way. Sorry for the length of my post.

And just to touch the topic, ATVs are water RESISTANT though not waterPROOF.

Old 11-08-2005, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Grizzman42
its called a bank, mabe u should try it sumtime.... its just a lil bit more secure than ur bed, lol. anyways yea..... i save up all my money too but end up spending it on "stuff". i have 123 dollars.... kuz im cool like that. ill probably spend that on a new hopper for my pball gun if my dad doesnt give in to my begging, lol.
Yeah I haerd of a bank but he said he borrowed out his money. And my matteress is sagging in the middel since I bought the kx. LOL.

Old 11-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with you there coyote. Ever thought of that stuff Mark? Probobly not. Hell nobody ever bought me a quad, I paid for both my bikes and my jetski myself.

Old 11-08-2005, 04:43 PM
Trailblazer

i had a banshee before i had my license (15), nothing wrong with that....

its not the banshee that hurts/kills riders, its the riders/other riders/weather/etc.

you just got to be responsible, careful, and not hammer it 110% percent of the time unless your racing AMA.

Old 11-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: blee
i had a banshee before i had my license (15), nothing wrong with that....

its not the banshee that hurts/kills riders, its the riders/other riders/weather/etc.

you just got to be responsible, careful, and not hammer it 110% percent of the time unless your racing AMA.
It really depends on what age you started riding and your skill. I was riding Honda and Zuki 250R's when I was 14 but I started riding really young, doesn't make it right or mean that it is a good idea for a 15 year old to be riding a banshee or yfz or any other high powered quad.

Quick Reply: Would it Hurt the Quad?