Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Would it Hurt the Quad?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would it Hurt the Quad?

I have two son's who are straight A students. I was more than happy to buy those lucky 11 year olds a couple of 400ex's. I told them school is their job and that is what they have to focus on. If your father says that school is your job, then you will show him the ultimate respect by doing your best, which you are, and keeping up the great grades. Those good grades will pay dividends the rest of your life, your dad is a selfless and smart man.

Take it easy when you start riding that beast and don't feel like you have to keep up with the fastest experienced rider you hang with. Regarding the rust/water issue, yes, the frame is made out of mild steel which has iron in it and will rust if the primer and paint is scratched off of it. Get yourself some skid plates and you will avoid most frame scratches. You can touch them up with PJ1 paint but is not necessary. Keep that beauty stored in the garage or barn, clean it up after rides, and asthetically, it will look great for many years.

Old 11-05-2005, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks. ummmm......

Old 11-05-2005, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

Since you feel a YFZ 450 is the first quad you should own as a new rider, then why don't you write down all your questions. Then write them out on a word docunment and send it via e-mail to Yamaha. Make sure to tell them your age and riding experience along with all of your concerns. I'm quite sure they will be recommending a Raptor 350 with any additional preventive maintenance and GYTR parts to protect your investment that your wallet can afford. I'm quite sure they will sell you an ATV cover for you concern of the rain.

Old 11-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LivinInVegas
Since you feel a YFZ 450 is the first quad you should own as a new rider, then why don't you write down all your questions. Then write them out on a word docunment and send it via e-mail to Yamaha. Make sure to tell them your age and riding experience along with all of your concerns. I'm quite sure they will be recommending a Raptor 350 with any additional preventive maintenance and GYTR parts to protect your investment that your wallet can afford. I'm quite sure they will sell you an ATV cover for you concern of the rain.
Ok, I've ridden a V Force for like 3 almost 4 years now. How's the power on that compared to the YFZ450?

Old 11-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

My dad helped me buy my zilla (he gave me two thirds) again at the time I wasn't allowed a job and we were under financial difficulty. But this summer I got a job and was able to buy my own kx. The feeling knowing I paid for it myself is great! I appreciate the bike much more. It makes you feel proud of yourself knowing you worked hard bought it yourself. Well actually I was 10euro short I had saved 1440euro and the bike was 1450 LOL. But seriously I drained my bank empty! Now are better times for us were not under as much financial strain and my dad was able to buy him self a dirtbike, Its the only thing he ever bought for HIMSELF. Don't worry times will get better, just don't hassel your dad its hard for him too. I'd say he'd want nothing more than to be able to go down to the dealer and buy you that bike.

Old 11-05-2005, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: emeraldisleatv
My dad helped me buy my zilla (he gave me two thirds) again at the time I wasn't allowed a job and we were under financial difficulty. But this summer I got a job and was able to buy my own kx. The feeling knowing I paid for it myself is great! I appreciate the bike much more. It makes you feel proud of yourself knowing you worked hard bought it yourself. Well actually I was 10euro short I had saved 1440euro and the bike was 1450 LOL. But seriously I drained my bank empty! Now are better times for us were not under as much financial strain and my dad was able to buy him self a dirtbike, Its the only thing he ever bought for HIMSELF. Don't worry times will get better, just don't hassel your dad its hard for him too. I'd say he'd want nothing more than to be able to go down to the dealer and buy you that bike.
thanks!! I do have about 2,000 dollars under my bed, and I am not lieing.

Old 11-05-2005, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

emeraldisleatv,
Hey man, just letting you know that you are the person furthest away from the US that I have seen on here.... you should be proud.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Veto (who carries the violin case but there's not really a violin in it)
(AKA: Mark Violin)

How do you have 2000 dollars? You been saving since you were two or what? lol

Old 11-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah. I have been saving for a while now. I also let alot of people borrow my money, which means I have to charge interest (10 dollars a month you borrow it and double after 6 months). For my birthday, I get lots of money and save it all the time. I am not eveing going into Christmas.

Old 11-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MarkFiddling
Yeah. I have been saving for a while now. I also let alot of people borrow my money, which means I have to charge interest (10 dollars a month you borrow it and double after 6 months). For my birthday, I get lots of money and save it all the time. I am not eveing going into Christmas.
Man I know. I always save everything I get, anyone asks me what would I like for a present I just say money. Never tried borrowing! lol. Good idea.

Old 11-06-2005, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: emeraldisleatv
Originally posted by: MarkFiddling
Man I know. I always save everything I get, anyone asks me what would I like for a present I just say money. Never tried borrowing! lol. Good idea.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Would it Hurt the Quad?