Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor spark arrestor

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor spark arrestor

How do you get the spark arrestor out of the stock yamaha pipe. I have tried to take it out and it acts like there is something holding it in. I took the screw out and tried it when the pipe is hot and cold.

Old 11-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Range Rover

u have to use a little force. i took a flat head and pryed it out.

Old 11-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

use a little wd40 and a flat head and a hammer and bang it out it will take about 5 min ints a pin but it will slowly come out just keep hitting on the lip of the spark arrestor at differant points when you notic that it has mooved try some plyers it should come right out at that point

Old 11-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Trailblazer

what does taking out the spark arrestor achieve on a stock rappy

Old 11-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

with no air box lid or k&n power lid it will pick up a few ponies but you will have no spark arrestor now if you buy the spark arrestor insert off ebay you will have one and it will open your exhaust up from a 3/4 inch outlet to a full 3 inch outlet i ran it on my bike for a little while till i made my own exhast it work verry well

Old 11-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Trailblazer

so would it be worth doing on a stock machine, just looking for a quick cheap mod for the minute

Old 11-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

Dude you guys don't be dumb.. Get an aftermarket exhaust.. First off its illegal to ride without one in most places second the power gain will not be worth having to reject and so on. Keep it in... You guys want to give the anti-quad riders another reason to close local trails and make it harder to ride???

MIke.

Old 11-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Range Rover

Im only taking it out to clean it. This is my dad's bike and he won't let me put an aftermarket exhaust on it. If it were mine it would already have a pipe and cam on it. lol

Old 11-05-2005, 02:49 AM
Pro Rider

Oh alright ya thats cool.. I just wanted to make sure that people aren't doing stupid stuff cause local trails around my place are getting closed down and I want to make sure everyone does stuff right so they don't continue to do this. I have tried before but was unsuccessful to remove mine. Get a set of vicegrips and lock on the exhaust hole and try to wiggle it out.

MIke.

Old 11-05-2005, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: PolishCowboyPL
Dude you guys don't be dumb.. Get an aftermarket exhaust.. First off its illegal to ride without one in most places second the power gain will not be worth having to reject and so on. Keep it in... You guys want to give the anti-quad riders another reason to close local trails and make it harder to ride???

MIke.
if u buy the tip with a spark arrestor the gains are verry good id say almost as good as a pipe and it will have a screen type sark arrestor with a 3 inch opening instead of less then a inch and the noice is not over 98 db most pipes are over 100 now if you run with no arrestor then i can see it being to loud and not safe

Quick Reply: Raptor spark arrestor