Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

hmm....exhaust...which one?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hmm....exhaust...which one?

Well I am thinking of getting an exhaust for my 2004 Bruin 350 4x4. I have a couple different options. there is a FMF Power Line, a Big Gun EVO series, and a Pro-Circuit T4 available for the Bruin. I am going to either buy one of these, or get an HMF for the Kodiak and make it fit. I have heard of a number of people doing this with good gains in power. What do you guys think would be best. Does pro-circuit make a good exhaust, or would the HMF give me more of a gain. I am currently leaning toward the HMF. I can get one for $218 OTD, and then I would just need to get a muffler shot to take a small section out. The Pro-Circuit will cost me closer to $300 with shipping and all. For the Big Gun, it is $316 with shipping. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am not too knowlegable when it comes to which exhaust companys are known for power.

Thanks!

Oh and I will be rejeting and adding a K&N filter.

Old 11-13-2005, 10:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i'm not brand loyal, and to be honest I don't think any of those exhausts is going to give more power than the others. Most aftermarket exhausts give close to the same power gain, with the exception of cheaper ones like cobra and dg. The only noticable differences would be the sound, and obviously the appearance. I'd say just go with whatever one you like the most based on the price and looks.

Old 11-13-2005, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

Thats kinda what I was thinking. If it is true, I would not go with the HMF even though it is the cheepest. That way I do not have to get it fitted for the Bruin.

Old 11-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Also, if you use your bruin for hunting it would be a good idea to get an exhaust that has a quiet core available for it. I don't know about the fmf, but the big gun and pro circuit, as well as most 4 stroke exhausts have a thunderous sound that is fairly effective at scaring off any furry woodland creature within half a mile

Old 11-13-2005, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

With the Pro-Circuit, I am pretty sure you can get a tip for it that is silenced and can easily be installed. Also with the HMF they have a quiet core that can be installed easily.