Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recall on 700s

(800) 227-5963

Old 11-14-2005, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default Recall on 700s

I havent had my light or fan come on ever. Mine is modified, and i ride it hard.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default Recall on 700s

Not eveyone is having this problem it seems like maybe 1 outta 10, Like a said my bike has been performing perfect for 30 plus hours and the fan works like it should, and my temp light has never some on.

Also i have heard some people with 660s have this same problem, i wonder what the deal is.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Recall on 700s

No problems here either. Could it be that the people with the overheating problems have the air box lids off and there baffle out of their exhaust with no controller? That would lean it out and make it run hot. Which would give you a high temp light. I can't explain the fan not coming on though that must be a faulty switch. As many 700R's that Yamaha built and that are out there already there has been very few probs for a new release.

I ride the chit out of mine and have heard the fan once or twice but I have never had the temp light come on.
Now the low fuel light is a different story [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] nothing wrong there, it just goes thru the fuel when I'm riding it hard at the dunes.

Old 11-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Trailblazer
Default Recall on 700s

just to add guys, i have a 660, my light only ever came on once, i started the bike and after warm up i revved it at mid throttle in neutral for a few seconds and the light came on, the fan didnt,
but every time i ride hard the light or fan never comes on,
when i ride hard then slow down for a bit, the fan kicks in,
IMO this seems correct to me
also IMO the 700 should definately have the fan kick in first and that light should never come on,
when riding hard the fan or light should never come on b/c when riding hard the air from outside is rushed through at a much faster pace, natrually cooling the engine, (like riding and not wearing any gloves at high speed, your hands freeze)

i plan on getting a 700 in a couple of weeks, when im test riding it how could i look for whether it has the "overheating" problem or not, is it possible to find this out from a test drive, i really dont want to end up with a brand new rappy overheating

Old 11-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Recall on 700s

If they are like the pred.....which I assume they don't differ that much.......

My pred will kick the fan on.....at low rpms(lugging)......or even at idle........but usually won't at higher rpms. I've never had my light on. My fan kicks in purposely, I think, before it is even close to over heating.....to keep the motor running in its prime......and to keep it cool. I'd rather the fan get ruined by running too much, as having my motor run hot all the time.....

Old 11-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Trailblazer
Default Recall on 700s

MY 700 RAPTOR HAS THE FAN KICK IN WHEN I AM JUST PUTTING AROUND WHEN I AM RIDING IT HARDD THE FAN DOESNT KICK IN AT ALL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] OH YAH AND THE TEMP LIGHT HAS NEVER COME ON

Old 11-14-2005, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default Recall on 700s

my fan only comes on when i ride it really hard but other than that is doesnt

Old 11-14-2005, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Recall on 700s

MINE HASNT CAME ON SINCE I PUT THE DOBECK ON IT

Old 11-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Recall on 700s

Originally posted by: BubbaGumpShrimpShack
true, but your fan should never come on
Now I'm not trying to be a smart azz here but why would you say that? If the fan should never come on then why did Yamaha go to the trouble and expense of putting a fan on it?

The fan should come on when ever the coolant reaches a pre determined temp. It is thermostaticly (sp) controlled. Lets say 180 deg. (I'm just picking a number here it may be higher or lower)as soon as the coolant reaches this temp the fan will come on and run untill the coolant is below 180 deg again. That is what it's supposed to do. The fan coming on is perfectly normal. Now the temp light is a different story it's either running lean or if you been riding in the mud alot you need to make sure the fins on the rad aren't plugged up with mud or debris, or your water pump could be failing. Your best bet is to take it in whie it's still under warranty and get it looked at if you think there's a problem.

Quick Reply: Recall on 700s