Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Grizz axle not broke but have problems

bump

Old 12-13-2005, 12:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yamaha makes a replacement c-clip that is shaped different that might be the cure. PN#5km-2536e-10. ATVowners.com has a Grizzly section with some discussion about this. Look in the drivetrain section. Couple threads about axles popping out.

Old 12-13-2005, 08:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks very much 8898jsmit, I will look into that. Much appreciated.

Old 12-14-2005, 01:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

hello, i have an 05 grizz with 600 miles on it sunday my rear axle slipped out of the rear end, made it home in 4wheel, called dealer they said my snapring that holds axle in place probably broke. they said this sometimes happens if you get stuck and try rocking it back and forth. i have to take it in tomorrow, he said they would look at it and if its the ring order me one (if this is problem you would think they would be on stock) i'm in the same boat as you out of warranty, mines 9mths old. this is the only problem i've had. i don't get stuck with my 27" vampires, only thing i did that day was hop over a log. did have a little extra weight on back(30pk and 2gal gas) i'll get back to you once they give me their professional opinion!!!!

05 blue grizz
warn winch
super grip aluminum wheels
27" super swamper vampires
60" plow
kimpex deluxe trunk
moose hand guards
over fenders

Old 12-14-2005, 09:07 AM
Pro Rider

5KM-2536E-10-00

That is the part number for that replacement c-clamp you need the -00 at the end to lookup or order the part

Old 12-16-2005, 02:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

hello guys,
after reading what you said about axle slipping out and hearing about a replacement part #, i called yamaha and talked to them, they said they haven't heard of any problems like this. i told them that i've heard of quite a few on the computer and they said you can't believe all that. then i told them about the part # you gave me, they said it must be an aftermarket part, i said seems kinda funny the part # begins just like yours. they asked for the part # and said it is a valid # and replaces the old # on their web page. i told them i didn't think i should have to pay if this was my problem and they redid the clip, they should of recalled them. they gave me their name and extension # for my local dealer to call and they said yamaha would take care of the labor to see if this is whats wrong. what happens next i don't know. i gave dealer the part # and other info, they said they would have to order it, if thats the problem, they were supposed to call today but they didn't, so i'll call them in the am. so guys it doesn't hurt to call and voice your opinion, even if only saves a little on labor, it helps. yamaha said people have to make them aware of problems we are having. i'm sure i'm not the only one thats called or they wouldn't helped me out. i'll keep you posted, i gotta go shovel snow now since my grizz isn't here!!!!

Old 12-16-2005, 08:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

Me too 05 Grizz.900 miles axle pulled out past weekend.The end was chewed up,clip was ok.I exspanded clip filed groove put back in,but now after hearing these other problems YAMAHA will be hearing from me.Fortunetly I did extend my warranty for an extra year.

Old 12-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

hello,
i'm from brockport pa, my machine is in rockton. not sure where you got yours but since you got warranty you can go anywhere. maybe these guys can help you since they are getting a little experience on mine, called them this morning, haven't looked at it yet, they said they are swamped with sleds, do they think i don't ride in the winter? he said he would look at it for sure after lunch and let me know. he said they sold well over 100 grizzlys last here and have had some come in for this, most of them popped back in and no other problems since. but then theres the rest of them whats their dilema? i'll keep you posted.

Old 12-19-2005, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

Geez.......I have been away from my computer for awhile and didn't relize that you guys were have problems as well. I took my Grizz to the dealer and they wouldn't do a thing about this, said Yamaha would never go good for it so they called and told me to come get it. I am not sure if they even called them to see if it was a problem they had heard of. I guess I will call Yamaha myself and have a chat with em to see if I can get something done.....I would like them to replace the axle as well because the end is chewed up a bit. Thanks for all the replies thats what I like about this forum, I gives us a fighting chance to see if this problem is more than just a freak thing that happens to just me!!!!!

Old 12-20-2005, 02:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

hello,
still waiting to here from them, dealer said he faxed yamaha info, they want to replace with new clip and put a new rear axle as end is chewed up a little like yours. dealer said he would call me friday afternoon if he heard back from them, so i called today and the guy who is taking care of mine was off, so they said call tomorrow morning. dealer told me they are usually pretty good about stuff, so he thinks i won't pay anything. here is the number i called and the person i talked to and their extension if this might help you. 1-866-937-3983 her name is shanel and her extension is 7440. i will keep you posted when i hear more about mine. i was real persistant with her and told her there should be a recall, and i shouldn't have to pay, i told her yamaha is getting a bad rap on the forums about this problem. not sure if you know or not but there is a forum just for grizzly owners it is grizzly.atvowners.com and also highlifter has a good one going also, it is highlifter.com
talk to you later

Quick Reply: 05 Grizz axle not broke but have problems