Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I FOUND MY RAPTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2000, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great to hear you got the Raptor back. That little ***** will be a loser forever if he keeps on like that, that kind of stuff will catch up to him. I had 2 Blasters stolen from me but i got them both back, what a great feeling when you get them back! Get an attack dog that rip em up on sight.

Old 11-01-2000, 08:28 AM
Pro Rider

Glad you recovered your quad in good condition; you are indeed fortunate.

Despite the anger you must feel and the suggestions for torture, punishment and revenge posted elsewhere on the topic, you've done the right thing. From this moment forward, you must allow the situation to be handled "by law."

Again, anger is understandable, but taking the law into one's own hands offers consequences far beyond the worth of a quad. Not only does the legal system frown on someone acting as judge, jury, and even executioner (as some posters suggest); family, friends and community might react to someone retaliating against a 15-year old.

A juvenile probably won't receive much punishment; the hope is someone that age is prone to error and will be rehabilitated and grow into a responsible citizen. Whether this theory proves itself in practice is not up to the victim.

A bit off the subject, I philosophize, wondering, why are crooks, like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Bonnie and Clyde, the Mafia, etc.,; all who historically have robbed and killed innocent people to steal their victims' property, are glamorized and celebrated by the entertainment industry and the people who go to movies and watch television, while a real life genuine authentic contemporary thief, like the guy who stole the ATV, is despised?

Diogenes

Old 11-01-2000, 08:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you must ever compose another "REWARD" poster, here are a couple of suggestions to limit your cost:

Offer the reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the thief or thieves and recovery of SERVICEABLE ATV.

I had this clause in my own poster; since the ATV was not in serviceable condition, and I also suspected the "finders" of some complicity in the theft, I didn't have to pay the full amount of the reward.

Tree Farmer

P.S. As to "sweet" revenge, Edgar Alan Poe tells us ("The Cask of Amontillado") for perfect revenge, the target must know who is applying the revenge and why--anonomous revenge doesn't fit this criteria. Do your targets know your a visiting the revenge on them and why?

T.F.

Old 11-01-2000, 10:03 AM
Trailblazer

Good job!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-01-2000, 11:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

All - insurance in some cases can be a lot cheaper than what we think. Check this out... Derby's little incident here got me a little freaked out so I decided to call and insure mine right away. I called my auto insurance and told them I wanted to insure my Raptor. My first quote was $115 every 6 months with $500 deductable. Asking what all that included, found out they automatically signed me up for FULL coverage. I dont need nor want full coverage. I want comprehensive only. Comprehensive is what covers theft, fire, natural disasters, etc. True liability and collision would be nice, but.... its not a street legal vehicle so the hell with that. So the insurance lady turns the crank on this new equation. Wouldn't you know... $16 for 6 months, 0 deductable! I'll take it! Oh wait.. to top it off, now I get a multi-vehicle discount. My total policy basically did not change. It was a near complete wash. The difference wound up being $2 every 6 months for full comprehensive insurance on my Raptor! Give your companies a call...

Kurt

Old 11-01-2000, 11:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Man,
I fortunately have not had a quad stolen, but I do know th ejoy of finding sn=omehtihg that was stolen. I had my book bag stolen right out of th eparking lot at the college I was attending, just before finals. Knowing they only wanted the bag and calculator, I scoured every dumpster on campus the entire day and finally found my notes and books. What relief to triumph over those that would do you harm. Congrats.

RoostKing,.

Old 11-01-2000, 02:03 PM
Trailblazer

That's what I do with my quad. I block it and rip the tires off. If someone wants it bad enough they can carry it out... by that time I'll be aware of them. Glad you got it back.

Old 11-01-2000, 03:21 PM
Trailblazer

CONGRATULATIONS! You found it.. Sue that person!.. He said he found it 6 months ago!!! YAH RIGHT ...Raptors were in just going into production!
P.S GET LOCK FOR YOUR GARAGE DOOR!

Old 11-01-2000, 04:56 PM
Trailblazer

hi derbyking
glad to see you got your raptor back.i never got my 250r back. 15 year old PUNK.beat him like he owes you a millon bucks.

Old 11-01-2000, 06:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Good Job hunting down your machine, Love Honda's but i still hate to see someone lose their quad, even if it is a yamaha Mine is blocked in the back my garage by a 1 ton dually dodge ram and a buick and chanined to a cement floor anchor, good luck stealing that its a b**** getting it out to ride, but worth it, u wanna get back at the little punk a** b****, give out his name and number here i have some idea's Glad to hear the good news.

Phobos

'01 400EX

Quick Reply: I FOUND MY RAPTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!