Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Beartracker Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2000, 09:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently have a Y2K Blaster and was thinking of trading it in on a Big Bear but after looking at the bIg bear I felt it may be a little larger than what I want for trail riding so I checked out the Beartracker.It seemed like a well built machine I would just like to hear from some Beartracker owners and see how they felt about there quad.My questions concerning this machine are this;Does it have a good blend of power and top speed,Is it a capable hill climber because I live in Pa. and we have some major hills to climb ,Is the suspension up to task it only has like five inches of wheel travel up front but the lower a-arms look like the ones on my truck(beefy) but I'm not sure about jumping it with the mcPhearson struts on it.Can this machine be jumped?and has there been any reliability issues with this quad.I know I asked alot of questions but I'm trying to be as thorough as possible.Thanks for any input.

Old 11-01-2000, 09:44 AM
Range Rover

For the most part I think the Beartracker might be a let down for you. It does hills pretty well and it is a good trail machine. No its not going to be near as good of a jumper as your blaster, it wasn't designed for that. Depending on your weight I think 2-3 feet in the air would be all you would want to do on it. I would guess (boy hope Armyman doesn't see this 'wink') that the top speed of the Beartracker is about 45 MPH. We did several speed runs on ours and according to the GPS our Max speed was 42.2 with a 130lbs rider. We didnt have enough road to safely max out the RPM of the engine and the quad was still gaining speed when we would have to slow down.
It seems to get stuck easily but that is probably due to the general purpose tires then to the Quad itself.
The reverse system on the BearTracker IMHO is really stupid. But I guess its better then the one on the blaster :-)
You might want to post in the Buying an ATV fourm and explain why you are not happy with the Blaster I'm sure that you will get lots of good recommendations for a replacement.

Old 11-06-2000, 09:01 PM
Trailblazer

hey thanks for the reply very informative.I had a chance this past week end to ride my brother in laws 300ex and could not believe how much better it rode compared to my blaster.Now I know I'm going to hear all kinds of crap from the Yamaha guys but I don't really care I'm all about riding not brand loyalty I don't care if I'm riding a 1972 atc90 as long as I've got something to ride.We do all trail riding no work or mx track riding so my interest lie with getting the best possible machine for this(within my limited budget).I'm kinda torn between the Beartracker and the Recon but now I think I may wait till they release the 250EX and check that out, if it rides as nice as the 300EX it should suit my purposes nicely without breaking the bank.Anyway thanks again.

Old 11-10-2000, 07:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

everybody i know that owns a beartracker has oil leaking out the bottom of the case ,mine my wifes and my brothers all leaked and his friends wifes also leaks .if it wasnt for that its a good machine i use mine everyday i just monitor the oil it only drips once in a while

Old 11-12-2000, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer

mine does not do that and im hard on it every time i drive it. i drive it just about every day. The only thing taht happens to mine is the back in seal wears out from rideing in the mud all the time