Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yahama parts, what a rip off!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 04:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yahama parts, what a rip off!!!!

I needed a front yoke for my big bear and I had to buy the u joint with it at a cost of $123.00 plus tax,I thought ok I'll have a spare u-joint,well it came with out the two end caps so it is useless.I went back to order the caps and they are $17.95 each, with tax thats another $40+ dollars, this is all I needed to convence me that in the future I will not consider another Yamaha product.This company doesn't want to keep it's cuctomers with this kind of marketing,in all my years I have never seen a u-joint sold in peaces,it is a unit,money grabbing ba$!ard%. I can't find an E-mail address, If someone has it please give it to me as I want to curse them a pease of mind day after day after day,I'll send 100"s of them. Pi$$ed Off . IN my garage I have a goldwing,suzuki quad runner and a big bear' guess what bike is going to be replaced.

Old 11-30-2005, 05:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before you tear into yamaha maybe you should calm down a minute. OEM parts are expensive, I dont care what OEM you have. And they are most often sold in the smallest possible piece so that you only need to replace what you need, not buy a whole assembly to fix a cheap part. I've got to replace an actuator for my Prairie, little motor that costs 250 bucks.

Whether or not you realize it you are getting the same shake every other atv owner does, regardless of make and model. An oem twist throttle for a cr250 was quoted at 80 dollars for me, and that was at discount. I can buy aftermarket for less than half that. We have a few choices; live with it, dont own atvs, buy aftermarket when possible and make our own parts when it's not. Of course with the last choice you have to take a chance on reliability and quality as well as performance.

Old 11-30-2005, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

I hear ya bearclaw I just paid $215 for a stator for my 04 Griz . Check the prices on a radiator $400 plus, and they are the 1/4 size of a car radiator, but I agree with maddog these things are expensive thats just the way it is if ya want to play you gotta pay as the old saying goes .Oh and a stock rim check that youll crap yourself 1 rim is 1/2 the price of 4 alum. rims I couldnt understand that one . [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-30-2005, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

any type or brand of off road bike,2 or 4 wheels,is just like owning a boat,,,,they know its for recreation,and ALL parts are more expensive

maddog is 100% correct,,,you should know that owning an atv is going to be an expensive endevor when you made the choice to purchase one,,,and there is no brand that is easier on the pocket for parts than the other,only brands that are more reliable than others

Old 11-30-2005, 08:40 PM
Trailblazer

They make you buy a u-joint when you only need a cross bearing yoke,then it should come with all 4 endcaps.two caps are half the price of a u-jint complete.I'm getting the address on my own,its on its way F^&%() k Yahama

Old 11-30-2005, 10:08 PM
Range Rover

Take your U-joint to a bearing supply store and have them measure it up. I get them for my wolvy complete for about 1/4 the price of OEM. Then you can return the OEM part to the dealer and tell him you didn't need it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-30-2005, 11:51 PM
Trailblazer

NO I can't take it back as I had to buy the u-joint in order to get the yoke,I need the yoke in order to use a 424 select. My front drive shaft is 19.5 in long so I had to cut it dowm to 11.5 in and cut down the yoke to make a collar to join them,I made a bearing hanger and a crossmember to run on the end of the shaft where the 424 select joins. this will keep the shaft in a fixed position and makes it possible to usn a 424, I have the SE ,FMSPL model and they don.t make a 424 with that long a shaft.It was a bit of work but it works perfect and now I can nun in 2 wheel drive,much easier on my arms,I'm not a kid any more,I'm retired but not that old The 424 select is 8" long and is worth the work,actually I enjoyed doing it.I talked to the general manager at waren industries and explained what I was doing looking for info and I"M going to send him some pics of it.He told me one other guy did one on an artic cat but he welded hid shafts to the 424 shafts and voided the warenty,on mine the 424 goes in the same as the other models,no warenty problems.I will never buy another full time 4 wheel drive bike.