Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

HONDA 440EX STOLEN!!! GRIFFITH INDIANA!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HONDA 440EX STOLEN!!! GRIFFITH INDIANA!!!!

This is some bad $hit. I went out to my garage last night for the first time in about a week and discover that my quad is missing. Turns out that it got stolen somewhere around December 2nd. My godfather who parks his truck right next to my quad every night thaught that I came and got it so he didn't think of calling me when he noticed it missing. 2 weeks before it came up missing, a "friend" of mine (Anthony Rios) with his brother (Edwin King)came over to my garage while I was there and out of nowhere started asking me questions about my quad "hows that 440EX?" "wanna sell that quad?" "Wanna make a trade?" "is it fast?" "how much do you have in it?" " how late do you stay here" I knew from that night that something was going to happen, I knew they were going to steal it and I knew I had to move it but I just kept putting it off "I'll just do it tomorrow" and now its gone. I know I should have moved it when I had the chance but hindsight is 20-20. I feel dumb as hell for not moving the quad but it doesn't matter now. I NEED TO FIND MY QUAD! The quad was stolen from Griffith indiana which is right next to gary (about 25 miles east of Chicago). The area has been hit extremely hard lately with quad theft. A friend of mine just had 4 quads stolen and two of them were recovered but their scrambler and trailboss are still missing. If anybody on here is from Griffith, Hammond, Gary, Schererville, Merrillville, Highland, Hobart or anywhere from Lake, Porter, Newton or Cook county. Be on the look out for a silver Honda 440EX with red extended A arms, silver dragon graphics, supertrapp exhaust, AC nerfs and bumper (just look at my pictures). The VIN is 478TE230X14108327 and the motor number is TE23E-8053818 If anybody on here has information on any stolen quads or parts, send me a PM and I will give you my phone number. A few parts that are extremely obvious is the FCR41mm carburetor, red UGLY (UGLY is the brand name) +2 A-Arms, candyapple red swingarm and motor mounts, Supertrapp exhaust with a dent, AC propeg nerf bars, 440 motor with a messed up middle case plug on the flywheel side of the motor, acerbis hand guards. I really need to get this quad back. I've had it since I was 15 and it has a strong sentimental value. If anyone can bring me the quad. I'll give them $1000.00 on the spot and I wont even call the cops. I just want my quad back. Please do whetever you can to help. Thanks

Old 12-06-2005, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

that really sucks i would try and help you look for it but i doubt its up in new york

i can kinda understand were your coming from im attached to my warrior too thats why i havnt sold it yet.

Old 12-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Range Rover

Im sorry man i know how you feel. i had my 2003 suzuki gsxr stolen. Have those guys talked to you since it was stollen?

Old 12-06-2005, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

go find those "friends" and demand some answers. ask them why they were asking so many questions. act like you dont even know it was stolen. also, ask them if they still want to buy it and see what they say.

Old 12-06-2005, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

Understandably, you are livid. It is a feeling of being violated that many of us know all too well. I feel your pain brother.

One thing concerns me though, if you can’t prove that the parties named here stole it, you could be sued for libel. I seriously doubt anything could come of it here on this forum but in other situations it could be a serious issue and could land you in Civil Court. It would be infuriating to be sued by the perceived thieves and then be made to pay them for a libel suite on top of the stolen quad.

Hope you called the Police and gave them the info. They may be able to use it to find your ride. Good luck.

Old 12-07-2005, 04:22 AM
Pro Rider

I talked to both of them today and the guy who has been asking all the questions didn't say anything about the quad except for one time he let it slip and he knew that he let it slip. I also talked to the detectives. Tomorrow I'm going to get some more info.

Old 12-07-2005, 12:05 PM
Range Rover

I hope you get your baby back soon

Trending Topics

Old 12-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

if they are really your friends they wouldnt have stolen your quad. but if you are sure it was them i would go up to them next time i saw them with alot of people behind them and say to them "i know you had somthing to do with my quad being stolen and if you dont give me any information im gonna bash your head in or a threat that they personally will be scared of" and if you truly know that they took it or were involved i would walk up to them without sayinga word knock them in the head and then ask them what they know. (im not a violent person but its just a sugestion on how to get information out of them)

Old 12-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: warriorboy22
if they are really your friends they wouldnt have stolen your quad. but if you are sure it was them i would go up to them next time i saw them with alot of people behind them and say to them "i know you had somthing to do with my quad being stolen and if you dont give me any information im gonna bash your head in or a threat that they personally will be scared of" and if you truly know that they took it or were involved i would walk up to them without sayinga word knock them in the head and then ask them what they know. (im not a violent person but its just a sugestion on how to get information out of them)
Bud, that is how ya get arrested.If you get arrested because you start a fight with the guy that stole your quad, then you are goin forward 2 steps and walkin back 4.

Old 12-07-2005, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: warriorboy22
WO WO WO we got a tough guy here i gaurantee u wouldnt do that

hey 420ex that really suks hopefully u get ur quad sorry about it getting stolen