Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Smokin' deal on a 06' 700 Raptor...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 11:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smokin' deal on a 06' 700 Raptor...

I just got mine last weekend from Route 66 Yamaha, in Kingman. $7300 OTD. I got the Raptor for me, and the Wolverine for my wife for $500 over their combined MSRP, and that even included delivery to Henderson, NV. Of course, i did not have to pay Az. sales tax, so YMMV. Very easy transaction, I think my salesman was Dave.

Old 12-18-2005, 04:19 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for all the info... Apache Yamaha (I-17 & Cave Creek) sold me one for 6700.00 out the door. They also are selling yfz450 (2006s) for 6200 OTD.

Old 12-18-2005, 04:21 PM
Trailblazer

4 seasons wanted 7600 OTD... thanks...

Old 12-18-2005, 05:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dam...sweet deal, now lets go ride....

Old 12-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Trailblazer

I did all my wheeling and dealing over the phone when I bought my 660 here in Tucson. We just played the dealers numbers against the others. You do have to expect to pay more then the east coast boys. It is pretty bad here as far as pricing goes. Supposedly California can be much worse. I would stretch your legs a little bit and maybe do a day drive to a dealer here in Tucson. Call Eastside Cycles they gave me a great deal over the phone on mine. Just call around and beat them up.

Old 12-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Randes
Dealer Invoice Report
2006 Raptor 700
List Price: $6999
Dealer Invoice: $5959
Dealer invoice price includes $150 freight charge for shipping from the manufacturer to the dealership.
Assembly Cost: $75 per Yamaha pricesheet
Each dealership has its own method of figuring actual cost of assembly and preparation for sale.
There is no reimbursement by the factory for this cost to the dealer.
Ready to sell cost: $6034
This model Yamaha ATV has 3% (of list price) dealer holdback.
This holdback money is paid to dealers in at the end of the model year for units that are sold within the previous 12 months. Dealers must pay Yamaha the full "Dealer Invoice" price and wait up to 12 months after selling the machine to receive their dealer holdback.
Wholesale Incentives: none for this model
Retail Incentives: none for this model
The "Ready to sell cost" is the cost of the machine with NO PROFIT to a dealer. Dealers do not stay in business very long by selling machines for no profit.
Many dealers charge additional fees for "Freight and Setup" over and above the selling price of the machine. Add the "Selling Price" to the "Freight and Setup" charges and subtract the "Ready to sell cost" to determine the PROFIT a dealer is asking to make.

Carefree Yamaha told me this was accurate.
you are correct in your numbers as i looked on my price lists any one paying over 6500 is paying to much make them come down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-19-2005, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider

HELLO EVERYONE,
MY NAME IS HOLLYWOOD AND I AM A REPRESENATIVE OF XTREME OUTLET. RIGHT NOW WE HAVE ROCK BOTTOM PRICES ON THE RAPTOR 700. PLEASE CONTACT ME AT (866)848-0355 AND ASK FOR HOLLYWOOD.
THANKYOU

Old 12-19-2005, 01:58 PM
Range Rover

Dont trust town and country motorsports in az. They will try and rape you with a price! You can fight with them though and show that you know what you are talking about then you will have a level playing field.

Old 12-19-2005, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shopping over the phone is never going to give you the best price. I used to work in car sales and best pricing is NEVER given over the phone. They have no idea if you're another dealer or what, so there's no reason (unless they are willing to lie to you) to give you a great price. The whole idea is to get you into the store where they can find out whether you're real or not. I'm sure they get lots of kids calling in asking about pricing, as well as adults with no intention of buying, and/or no money.

If you show up with a checkbook and tell them that you're here to buy and will buy it for XXXX amount, THAT'S when they know you're serious. It also helps to find out what other people have paid.

I've bought bikes from many Phoenix dealers and some are more greedy and will quote high - depending on the salesman and even what time of the year and month it is.

Tips - wait until the end of the month. All dealers have a monthy goal and they like to take profit at the beginning of the month and deal more at the end - although they will deny this if they are smart. See if you can deal directly with the sales manager - not a sales guy. Best to go right to the source. Don't be afraid to walk out. If something doesn't feel right, then there's probably something going wrong - just go and don't make a big deal about it. They might be giving you the best price in town so don't make them hate you or the price will be higher next time you walk in. You don't NEED to buy an ATV, you WANT to buy it. They NEED to sell them to stay in business. Keep that in mind. Let them make a profit. They need to make money - or they'll go broke. Hot selling bikes are going to cost more. If you're going to buy mods later, have them throw in discounts on parts like cost + 10% - 20%.

Don't buy extended warranties. Don't finance at the dealer, get your own first and let them beat your rate at the dealer if they offer. Cash or financing doesn't matter, so don't think that "I'm paying cash" is going to get you a better deal. Ask about their referral program. Most dealers offer spifs to customers like a $50 referral credit for each buying customer they send to the dealer.

Lastly - from a sales point of view - don't yank the chain of the dealership. If you're not serious - stay home.

Old 12-19-2005, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Sandman, that sounds like awesome advice for anyone looking to buy........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Smokin' deal on a 06' 700 Raptor...