Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How can I make my raptor not as loud with out losing power

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 03:06 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I make my raptor not as loud with out losing power

My raptor is way too loud. My mods are at the bottom. When I bought the bike it was loud but not to bad. My muffler is a T4 pro circuit and on the side of it it says quiet. But its not. Well after I did my engine build it got alot louder. It is loud to too the point that when I m riding with my buddy who has a raptor with a dmc alien pipe he cant even hear his over mine while we are going down the road. Then when we both take off to race kinda(not much of a race because I just run away), he said that once I pull ahead of him at full throttle It hurts his ears and they ring for a while. I didn't believe him so I let him drive my bike and I drove his and it does hurt the ears alot. Is there a way to make it quieter without losing power. I like loud sometimes but not always.

Old 12-13-2005, 03:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

Earplugs?

You could put your stock silencer back on, but you would lose power and have to rejet.

Old 12-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: thedieselkid
My raptor is way too loud. My mods are at the bottom. When I bought the bike it was loud but not to bad. My muffler is a T4 pro circuit and on the side of it it says quiet. But its not. Well after I did my engine build it got alot louder. It is loud to too the point that when I m riding with my buddy who has a raptor with a dmc alien pipe he cant even hear his over mine while we are going down the road. Then when we both take off to race kinda(not much of a race because I just run away), he said that once I pull ahead of him at full throttle It hurts his ears and they ring for a while. I didn't believe him so I let him drive my bike and I drove his and it does hurt the ears alot. Is there a way to make it quieter without losing power. I like loud sometimes but not always.
Pull it apart and check the packing. You should be able to get instructions from pro circut as well as new packing material.

Old 12-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

when you go down the street how many car alarms go off if its not at least 4/5 then its not loud enough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-13-2005, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

I would say listen to raptor randy. the packing copuld be a major problem. second anytime you add more power you add more air coming out which ur goin to get more sounds thats why if you put the same pipe on a warrior on a raptor the raptor would be much louder

Old 12-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

maybe a different exaust. FMF makes the Q series that are supposed to be pretty good power with a quieter sound... checking the packing is a definate first step though