who likes riding in snow??

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who likes riding in snow??

Originally posted by: dennykyser
Originally posted by: DavidLT250S
i just leave it, it thaws out in the spring if you try washing it it'll just make things worse the kodiak right now is all ice/snow/clay and its staying that way till spring it doesn't really affect the way the bike runs just the way it looks
Doesnt the Ice/snow buildup around the cv's and axles creat a problem?
what i do is i park it in the garage and in a couple hours the snow gets a bit softer and starts to melt so i get a small brush and get all the snow off.... all the mud and stuff stays till spring unless it gets REALLY dirty... then i take it to my dad's warehouser and we pressure wash it there.

Old 12-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

Riding in the snow is the best type of riding to do. When there is nobody on the streets and you can just cruise around without the cops bothering you. My blaster makes it through the snow great its beter than my freinds raptor 660 or my other freinds kfx400 i smoke them every time in the snow.

Old 12-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

That's cool. Let me know how the skiing is. I am always on the look out for new places to go. Is'nt Quebec City beautiful all lit up at Christmas time. We did the horse and carriage ride that was neat. I'm not sure how old you are, but the nightlife is great, the restaurants are great. It is just such a romantic city! Where do you usually stay. We stayed at the Loews le Concorde and ate at the revolving restaurant on top which was pretty cool. We also stayed at the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac which was pretty nice as well. Oh how I LOVE that city. Oh and is it Montmercer falls? That is neat too once in the summer we hiked it and then being there in the winter is like a whole other world. Unfortunately the ice hotel was not open yet but I would really like to see it.

Old 12-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Range Rover

Well i live in Texas so i have no idea what its like to ride in the snow. Hopefully it will snow this year. Hell it could be 80 on Christmas.

Old 12-18-2005, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Megan
That's cool. Let me know how the skiing is. I am always on the look out for new places to go. Is'nt Quebec City beautiful all lit up at Christmas time. We did the horse and carriage ride that was neat. I'm not sure how old you are, but the nightlife is great, the restaurants are great. It is just such a romantic city! Where do you usually stay. We stayed at the Loews le Concorde and ate at the revolving restaurant on top which was pretty cool. We also stayed at the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac which was pretty nice as well. Oh how I LOVE that city. Oh and is it Montmercer falls? That is neat too once in the summer we hiked it and then being there in the winter is like a whole other world. Unfortunately the ice hotel was not open yet but I would really like to see it.
yea, quebec city is amazing, but im too young for the night-life (only 15). the restaurants and stores are pretty neat though. we also did the horse ride thingy around christmas time and got to see the whole city all pretty and lit up and stuff. its cool. at tremblant we stayed at the fairmont hotel at the bottom of the mountain... that was one of my favorite hotels because its so close to the mountain... i just pick up my ski's from the ski valet... walk out the door... and theres the gondola. its great. the little city at the bottom of the mountain is cool too, and the food is amazing. all food in canada is great kuz its french, lol, not the fast food junk that we have here in america. id have to say that my favorite ski places ive ever been to was...

1.tremblant
2.monte-sainte-anne
3.stoneham
4.sunday river
5.killington

me and my family have been to many places but our goal is to go to whistler bc sumtime in our life, lol.

Old 12-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

L-O-V-E IT!!! We got about twelve inches. I went out after I went hunting one day (becasue I was locked out of my house) and got stuck in a drift up to my handle bars. No problem though! It's all good.

Old 12-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dennykyser
Originally posted by: DavidLT250S
i just leave it, it thaws out in the spring if you try washing it it'll just make things worse the kodiak right now is all ice/snow/clay and its staying that way till spring it doesn't really affect the way the bike runs just the way it looks
Doesnt the Ice/snow buildup around the cv's and axles creat a problem?
nah when the bike warms up it melts all the **** around the engine and once you hit a couple bumps most of the ice and **** around the axles come out

Old 12-18-2005, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

This is about the only time of year I ride the quads so about 90% of my riding is done in the snow. When the weather breaks in the Spring I'm camping every weekend and on one of the Harleys.
The Wolverine goes through about anything and the Warrior is a blast once the Wolverine has cut the trail!

Old 12-19-2005, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

SNOW = FUN

Old 12-19-2005, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Grizzman42
Originally posted by: MeganThat's cool. Let me know how the skiing is. I am always on the look out for new places to go. Is'nt Quebec City beautiful all lit up at Christmas time. We did the horse and carriage ride that was neat. I'm not sure how old you are, but the nightlife is great, the restaurants are great. It is just such a romantic city! Where do you usually stay. We stayed at the Loews le Concorde and ate at the revolving restaurant on top which was pretty cool. We also stayed at the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac which was pretty nice as well. Oh how I LOVE that city. Oh and is it Montmercer falls? That is neat too once in the summer we hiked it and then being there in the winter is like a whole other world. Unfortunately the ice hotel was not open yet but I would really like to see it.
yea, quebec city is amazing, but im too young for the night-life (only 15). the restaurants and stores are pretty neat though. we also did the horse ride thingy around christmas time and got to see the whole city all pretty and lit up and stuff. its cool. at tremblant we stayed at the fairmont hotel at the bottom of the mountain... that was one of my favorite hotels because its so close to the mountain... i just pick up my ski's from the ski valet... walk out the door... and theres the gondola. its great. the little city at the bottom of the mountain is cool too, and the food is amazing. all food in canada is great kuz its french, lol, not the fast food junk that we have here in america. id have to say that my favorite ski places ive ever been to was...1.tremblant2.monte-sainte-anne3.stoneham4.sunday river5.killingtonme and my family have been to many places but our goal is to go to whistler bc sumtime in our life, lol.
I have done 3 of you top 5 and really liked them as well. Have you made it out West yet? We went to Tahoe last year and the skiing out there is the best that I have done so far.

Quick Reply: who likes riding in snow??