Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

660R Vs Preadtor

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

...as several others have already stated, its a good comparison and is really depends on the years of the models and the riders that are on them.
And like he just said, your just going to have to find out, because there is no definitive yes/no answer.

Old 12-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

Originally posted by: 135boom
Originally posted by: Webopper
Very evenly matched...
............hmmmm. I am really not trying to start a fight with you, but if you mean what you just wrote, then why where you so offended when I said that you really cant compare the pred to a yfz??? Because, if you try comparing a raptor to a yfz, its really not a comparison either. Both are meant for two totally different things, and the yfz has far more performance aspects about it.
I will agree with you on this one, that the pred and the raptor are a good comparison. Like I said/admitted before, both have good and bad traits. Me being a yamaha person, and into atv's for some time now of course will go with the raptor when its between these two. Thats my bias opinion though, take it for whats its worth. The bad of the raptor (tippsy, lesser handling, not as nice of suspension) is far out weighed with the raptors good traits.
Thats just MY opinion though
Yea, I wasn't and am not trying to get into pissing contests with you or anyone else for that matter. My thing is when people ask to compare different quads that we provide them real information, not this, "XYZ sux, I beat them all the time" crap. That isn't helpful, and I'm not saying that's what you did either. However, your initial post in that forum was that they don't compare, but no idea in how he was riding, what the comparisons were, or the application. Just a blanket "The YFZ is better". Though you may be right, the YFZ may be better for certian applications, to just throw out blanket statments is not helpful information. If you look at the last link I sent in that other post, you will see the YFZ came in last, where the Predator was first. If that's the comparison for the 2 machines, they you were right, they don't compare, it's just the opposite of how you would like to see them finish. Then again, who in their right mind is buying a YFZ is do 12 hours (or 4) of hard trail riding...no one I hope...not it's purpose, so that has to be taken into consideration.

Old 12-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

Very evenly matched...
............hmmmm. I am really not trying to start a fight with you, but if you mean what you just wrote, then why where you so offended when I said that you really cant compare the pred to a yfz??? Because, if you try comparing a raptor to a yfz, its really not a comparison either. Both are meant for two totally different things, and the yfz has far more performance aspects about it.
I will agree with you on this one, that the pred and the raptor are a good comparison. Like I said/admitted before, both have good and bad traits. Me being a yamaha person, and into atv's for some time now of course will go with the raptor when its between these two. Thats my bias opinion though, take it for whats its worth. The bad of the raptor (tippsy, lesser handling, not as nice of suspension) is far out weighed with the raptors good traits.
Thats just MY opinion though
Yea, I wasn't and am not trying to get into pissing contests with you or anyone else for that matter. My thing is when people ask to compare different quads that we provide them real information, not this, "XYZ sux, I beat them all the time" crap. That isn't helpful, and I'm not saying that's what you did either. However, your initial post in that forum was that they don't compare, but no idea in how he was riding, what the comparisons were, or the application. Just a blanket "The YFZ is better". Though you may be right, the YFZ may be better for certian applications, to just throw out blanket statments is not helpful information. If you look at the last link I sent in that other post, you will see the YFZ came in last, where the Predator was first. If that's the comparison for the 2 machines, they you were right, they don't compare, it's just the opposite of how you would like to see them finish. Then again, who in their right mind is buying a YFZ is do 12 hours (or 4) of hard trail riding...no one I hope...not it's purpose, so that has to be taken into consideration.
Ok, I understand. Please realize though that the shootout you posted in the "yfz vs pred" thread said that the reason it lost is due to "comfort". As far as performance goes the yfz is much better. This is what I originally stated too, that the comfort is better on the pred.

I agree with you totally that one quad isnt the best for everything. I for one would never ride a yfz that damn long either, and I dont know who would, ha ha. I believe that shootout to be accurate forthe most part.

When I stated that they didnt compare and that the pred only has comfort over the yfz, I was thinking more in the lines of performance and the fact that one is a trail quad, and the other is a race quad. Your right, and I dont know what kind of riding he is doing, and how big he is either. Those two things would be of huge interest if looking at the yfz. My dad is 6-5 240.......I dont think the yfz would be the best for him...ha ha.

Old 12-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

When I stated that they didnt compare and that the pred only has comfort over the yfz, I was thinking more in the lines of performance and the fact that one is a trail quad, and the other is a race quad. .
I dunno. Neither of them are trail quads.. or both of them are.. Whose riding the quad.? truly a trail quad is a ute. all others are duners or race/duners that just get ridden on the trails. Ive spent many 12-16 hour days on the trail with a Craptor, and i sat on the seat for very little of the ride. If your sittin down your goin to slow to be rding a sport quad. Really they is both good bikes. its about what feels best to you.. i mean hell if you focked my ol lady you would think she was loose lucy but to me she is mighty tighty [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2005, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

Yeah, but a true trail quad in my mind is something that has a broad slow revving power delivery with a lot of torque, has plush suspension, has reverse, seat is comfy, and it has a decent fuel range. To me a 700r, pred, z400, 400ex, and things to those nature are trail quads. I ride my "race" quad, yfz, in the woods too, but it doesnt compare to my 700r when it comes to all those things I listed above. The yfz is a true ultra sport, race quad. All those things listed above go right out the window to achieve awesome, unmatched performance though.
I dont sit on my seat either when I ride the yfz, I am usually riding so aggressive that I never get the chance to get a sore butt. But if I do, man o man do I miss the 700r!

Old 12-21-2005, 04:23 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

well your YFZ is prolly reall screwed for trails. with a -6oz flywheel. if you add weight to that fly wheel it would make a better woods bike. what side of the hill you live on man?

Old 12-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
well your YFZ is prolly reall screwed for trails. with a -6oz flywheel. if you add weight to that fly wheel it would make a better woods bike. what side of the hill you live on man?

Yeah I know, I did that mod more for dune riding, to have less rotating mass, there for get to the revs faster in the sand. I havnt noticed a negative affect inthe woods with it, except for the fact that it is snappy as hell. I am thinking on my '06 I am going to leave the stock flywheel in there, cause I do ride mosting woods now.
For now though, if I want to casually ride, go fast, slow, and everything between, I just hop on the raptor.
I am on the east side

Old 12-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

Yea OFC...lug his azz down to the dunes and we'll see what's up...LOL

Seriously though, on topic, one of the problems/benefits of the Predator is that it is good in multiple applications, but not the (absolute) best in any. You can really do anything with it...check the gun rack in my pics, right next to the pic of me jumpin...some mx, some trail, and some hunting...that's why I got it...

Old 12-21-2005, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

ha ha. Whats "OFC" going to show me? Yeah, that is cool you can do a little of everything. I'll tell ya one thing, I am never going to be hunting on my yfz or taking little slow joy rides. I get pissed at it when I am going slow, it jars the hell out of you. You just have to ride at its pace, and its all good.
I got the 700 for slow riding/ road hunting for grouse

Old 12-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

ha ha. Whats "OFC" going to show me? Yeah, that is cool you can do a little of everything. I'll tell ya one thing, I am never going to be hunting on my yfz or taking little slow joy rides. I get pissed at it when I am going slow, it jars the hell out of you. You just have to ride at its pace, and its all good.
I got the 700 for slow riding/ road hunting for grouse
No, OFC will only show you how to ride with your feet never touching the pegs and your azz never touching the seat...I was more thinking your YFZ vs. my Preddy...I got a good idea about the outcome, but I don't think I would be totally embarrased either.

Quick Reply: 660R Vs Preadtor