Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak or Honda Foreman? Which to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2003 Yamaha Kodiak or Honda Foreman? Which to buy?

The whole re-introducing wolves into the state was a bad deal. They are really gaining numbers up here. Lots of bear hunters are having thier dogs getting killed. A friend of mine shot a nice buck with his bow last year, saw it go down from his tree then went back about a mile to his truck to get his wheeler and when he got back to the deer the wolves were already there. He figured they wanted it more than him and left, a wise move rather than trying to scare them off.

There are so many incidents and sightings up here and the DNR says there isn't a problem. I realize they need to eat but something about an animal like that bothers me. I've had instances in the woods where I have been close to bear and coyotes but when your see a wolf come through the woods at close range and see how big they are and how they look it makes you think a little especially when thier paw prints are bigger that my sisters chocolate lab. Don't get wrong we have plenty of bear where I hunt and I give them plenty of space and if the coyotes see you they are gone in flash but wolves they look at you and it does even bother them....that bothers me!

As for the wild boars, I have not seen any. Maybe next year since this year was the first time I've seen a bobcat or turkey while hunting.

Jeff

Old 12-29-2005, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2003 Yamaha Kodiak or Honda Foreman? Which to buy?

No Bear or Wolves by me, but I guess the wild boar is becoming a even bigger problem. I will try to find some this winter when there is nothing else to shoot other than Coyotes. One Wolverine on our property, but that has 4 Mudlites and FMF exhaust! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]