Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster and Trailblazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 09:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster and Trailblazer

My next quad will be one of these two. I'm 165lbs at 5'10". Would like to turn it over to my son down the road. Someone who has more experience with both, please help. Will have to buy both if I can't decide....

Old 12-29-2005, 10:45 PM
Trailblazer

Well i owned a blaster as my first quad and it was super fun. It fit me pretty well, I'm about 170lbs and about 5'11". The best thing about a blaster is the parts availability in the aftermarket. Its a great quad to buy and build as you get to be a better rider.

Old 12-29-2005, 11:13 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks, DRoCK...
Did you ever have any trouble with your blaster? Just want to know what to prevent if you can help me. Thanks again.

Old 12-29-2005, 11:28 PM
Trailblazer

my little bro has a blaster and my mom has a trailblazer. the trailblazer has been one of the most reliable quads we have ever owned. as far as speed blaster is faster. suspension about the same but if you like to jump blaster is better there pretty even both are very good starter quads if hes a little guy you might want the blaster just because of the size so both are good choises

Old 12-30-2005, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

Well, the one basic difference between the two is that the Blaster is a manual, and the Trailblazer is an auto. If you or your son are thinking of moving up to a sportier quad in the future, the Blaster is probably a better start. You can then get real proficient with shifting and clutch operation...

I think the aftermarket on either quad are good. HPD has a fairly large aftermarket for the Trailblazer too...

Old 12-30-2005, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

i have a blaster and have had it for the last 3+ years now and i have not had any problems with it... just the rear brakes not working..... i got a hydro kit and it solved the problem. im 6'2 170 lb

Old 12-31-2005, 05:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

i have a banshee but i had a blaser before it and i was really happy with it. i didn't do any mods to it untill after i got my shee, and i regret it. get paddles and exaust and the difference is amazing. i have fmf fatty with the turbine q or whatever and a k and n clamp on (which alot of ppl don't like because it gets dirty being right above the chain) but the blaster would lose power in 5th and 6th stock and with the pipe and filter ever 6th is useful. oh ya and i just have geckos and stock fronts. i think its a great bike, its really fun. the bigest drawback is the back breaks.

Old 12-31-2005, 11:51 AM
Trailblazer

I never had any problems with mine...rode it hard and put it away dirty! People talk about the oil injector failing, didn't have mine long enough to worry about that problem. It was super fun and had the nice 2 stroke hit thats hard to find if you are buying brand new these days. Pipe it with a FMF fatty and powercore 2 and you feel a good improvement...thats just the tip of the iceberg for the blaster. I ran a UNI filter, only because i rode in a lot of dust, but I'm sure a K&N would have been just fine for me too.

Old 12-31-2005, 03:39 PM
Range Rover

my first wheeler was a blaster too...i have a sportsman 700 efi too and a trailboss 250 and polaris dont start good in the winter idk where you live i am in ny it gets a lil cold soo..blasters are all around better i think...

Old 12-31-2005, 04:21 PM
Trailblazer

Blasters are a great machine but very small and for your height and weight i would go with the trailblazer, Ive ridden both machines modded and stock including 240 blasters, and stock for stock a blaster will walk all over 250, but when both bikes have been modded the 250 eats up the little 200.

Quick Reply: Blaster and Trailblazer