Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior opionions needed, thinking of buying one

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 01:20 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warrior opionions needed, thinking of buying one

hey guys could use some opinions on the warrior im looking at picking up a 2000 warrior might sound crazy but i have never seen one around where i live all utes, are they pretty good for slow trail riding i would use it more for cruising back roads and trails no hard riding, how are they on maintenance? we have a bruin, timberwolf and a tri moto now and i found this warrior and would really like to pick it up, just want to make sure it will work for the type of riding we do which is pretty mellow trail riding. thanks guys

Old 12-30-2005, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

perfect for what u do.. best trail riding quad IMO... except for z400

Old 12-30-2005, 02:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

it will be more than enough for what you're doing.

HOWEVER

I would suggest getting a SUPER thick rear skid plate, my UM .250 plate is SICK and it has stood up to the abuse of going through rocky streams and just SMASHING it on rocks... without bending
Rear tires, because the stock tires only have a 4 inch contact patch when properly aired.
nerf bars, good to have on any quad.+ it gives you room to just strech out the feet for those long open road.. and just feel comfortable.

I would consider regearing tho. especially if you are mainly riding logging roads.

Old 12-30-2005, 03:30 AM
Trailblazer

Well I just picked up a 2000 warrior myself, and so far I think its great. I am pushing 30 and its my first quad. It is very forgiving for the beginner(lugs well). I have a blast with it on the trails, powers up every hill I have tried to climb so far, in some serious mud as well. I will says this though it beats me to death on the little ATV track I go on. I think most of that is my skill level though, as the more I go on the track the more comfortible I get.

Old 12-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Range Rover

thanks guys for the input i was wondering about the gearing you mentioned what would be a good setup for that? no racing or anything like that. it has stock tires i was thinking these tires would not be the best for the woods i was thinking more like dirt devils, bear claws, maybe jumping up a size like 23" give her alittle more ground clearance? i seen some aluminum skid plates for it also what do you think? just trying to set it up for the type of riding i do which is woods and back roads, just tooling around. thanks kris

Old 12-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think 22" tires are a good size for woods riding. 23" only gives you half an inch more ground clearance, so I don't think it's worth it for the extra weight and sidewall flex you will get. AC racing makes some good skid plates, I think most companies make pretty good heavy duty ones. I just recommend that you try to avoid DG, I have a skid plate, along with a few other parts from DG, and none of it really impressed me with it's fitment and durability. I would wait until you get the warrior and ride it a while before making any decisions on gearing. The stock 13/40 gearing is a good compromise. The 12/40 was too low for me in the trails because of all the extra shifting you need to do. The warrior has enough torque to run a gear low for the corners and still pull out of them - I think a good way to describe the warrior's power delivery is that it pulls like a tractor.

Old 12-30-2005, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

well having just got back from the real dunes on my warrior i can now say they are tough. we put that thing through he!! and back, (High water fordings, burying it in quick sand up to its bumper, taking jumps banchee riders were leary of and rolling it down a huge hill and it never failed to start and it was still in perfect condition) they are nice bikes and i ride mine on trails most of the time and on my small atv track it its great. i say go for it
just my .02

Old 12-30-2005, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

I say get the warrior. They are very VERY reliable. It will be perfect for what you do. Slow, Melow riding. You wont be dissapointed and when you want to go like HE!! they will go, plus you can always throw on a slip-on exhaust to get added power if you feel you need more.

Old 01-01-2006, 03:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

I've had a 2000 Warrior 350 for two years. Bone stock and bullet proof. You'll like it.

Old 01-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Trailblazer

They are billy goats man they will go any where, six speeds and too low geared to really kill yourself. they do get a little warm in the dunes though good bike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: warrior opionions needed, thinking of buying one