Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Shootout: YFZ450 TRX450R

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shootout: YFZ450 TRX450R

I have owned both and I can lay down better lap times on my 06 TRX than my yfz and I can keep up the pace for more laps on my TRX

Also as far as the TRX coming with a better pipe from the factoy than the YFZ I dont think so they both suck stock I do know that the rev limiter kit in the HRC kit helps alot as does the cam but the head pipe and baffle dont do much When you drop a new pipe on it Thats what wakes them up You can get around 50 hp on the honda with pipe,filter and cam and you can get around 50 hp on the yfz with a pipe,filter and a cam mod or cams But the honda power is far better on the curve and will hold more mid hp for a longer time than the yfz Ask any pro what type of power they want and they will tell you that it has to be usable power and that when the 06 honda will win

Old 01-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny. Not a word said about Honda's dominance in the desert racing with the TRX. I will likely be getting the TRX for two reasons. 1 - The TRX fits me better than the YFZ. I'm 6'1" and need the extra room. 2 - I want a more midrange motor than a top end revver. It seems that the Honda has better mid torque and torque is what accellerates you, not hp. Also, I can get the TRX OTD for $6500 w/elec start.

Old 01-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

Or the GNCC and TT racing

Old 01-11-2006, 12:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

All in all about the whole trx vs yfz, i think that they are both great quads and really depends on who is riding them. The yfz is a great quad and so is the trx, and they both can beat eachother in races, just depends on who is riding them. Truthfully ive ridden both, and I would have to pick the 450r. Now the next thread is gonna be somebody bashing my head into the ground say " noo the yfz kills the trx no matter what"

Old 01-11-2006, 03:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Motox,

There really is a best. Preference only speaks to personal happiness not performance. On the sand at comp hill the other guy may prefer his bike but when you beat him up the hill it is clear that his preference is to lose the race rather than to have the faster bike. Everybody else is going to think you were the best on that run.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Later

Old 01-11-2006, 09:13 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Motox,

There really is a best. Preference only speaks to personal happiness not performance. On the sand at comp hill the other guy may prefer his bike but when you beat him up the hill it is clear that his preference is to lose the race rather than to have the faster bike. Everybody else is going to think you were the best on that run.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Later
We are talking about a entire model here, individuals is what you are referencing to.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Besides, how do you determine a so called "best" when you are talking about straight line racing? Throw in some curves or obstacles dude.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Why would I do that? Sand drags are my preference, dude.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Ron

Old 01-11-2006, 01:32 PM
Range Rover

It will be interesting to see the shootout of each quad with its respective factory hop-up kits (GYTR and HRC). These will uncork the potential of the engines, and allow the true potnetial to be shown to the average rider. I never put more than about $1500 worth of mods on any of my machines, so that would be the shootout I would be interested in. I expect the YFZ to run with it, hving more power matched with the better hadliing.

As for the LTR450 I'm not as pumped as many others are out there. Of coure it will have a major edge in hadling due to the wide stance but I'm realy wondering if the engine will produce the numbers these other mahines are capable of.

Old 01-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

Oh I dont think that suzuki is going to have any problems laying down some kick a$$ numbers. This isnt something that they just threw together.

Old 01-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: 1bad450r
Oh I dont think that suzuki is going to have any problems laying down some kick a$$ numbers. This isnt something that they just threw together.
Not to mention all of the 450 engines have plenty of potential whether it be red, blue, green, yellow, or orange.

Quick Reply: Shootout: YFZ450 TRX450R