Shootout: YFZ450 TRX450R

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shootout: YFZ450 TRX450R

Originally posted by: motox26
Originally posted by: 135boom
i will ride which ever one is the best. If its the zuki, honda, yamaha.....I dont care. Whatever costs the least to get it up to a certain state of tune. Right now, to me the yamaha is. Maybe the zuki will change that though. IMO the honda comes up short in many ways! And that also the opinion of every shootout too!
Im done with this now as I don't want to get into a p*ssing match like I said and sadly already have started to do. I will finish this by saying that is fine if you think the yfz is best for you, Im sure it is and it might be for me, but that doesn't mean it is the best for everyone.
........PUS! You cant bring anything to the table, and now your going to pack up and leave!!!!! You keep putting words or statements in my mouth which I never stated or said!!!
thats fine, be done, thank god!

Old 01-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

I started this thread, and lost track because I got busy with work and the winter rebuild of my quad. So I revisited it today to see what was so interesting that it is still going a week later.

And now I see that it has simply become a shouting match for some people with too much time on their hands. The thread was intended to discuss the journalistic values of a Dirtwheels article. And that was lost by the second page of posts.

I should have known better that this thread would invite the old "my quad is better than your quad" posts.

Old 01-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 135boom
Originally posted by: motox26
Originally posted by: 135boom I guess in your book, its totally a waste of time to shootout machines against eachother, to find out which one is "best"????

This statement right there lets everyone know that you don't know what your talking about. If you have to ask what that means, then you prove my point.

And how many posts do you need to try and validate a point?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Dude, what are you talking about? How does that statement show that I dont know what I am talking about. Perhaps you should read it more closely, you would realize the joke is on your a$$. And as far as how many posts it takes, well, as many as I feel to get my point across to different folks. Who made you "god of the forum".
I am going to agree with dsnut, as preference does not drive "best", as performance does. Your totally going to dismiss that every shootout up to today as said that the yfz outperforms the trx on the track? DUDE, open your eyes and stop denying it! That many different pro riders riding the damn things, and they all must be wrong! And You are right? ....ok?

My only point was that it will take more money to get the trx to perform equally or better to the yfz if you start modding them equally. Your starting at a disadvantage. It may be close, but the yfz clearly has it!
Now if you personally can ride a trx better the the yfz, then obviously YOU should go with the trx. As for me, and every other pro test rider that has done the shootouts, were going to go with the yfz......see ya out on the track!

I am not into spending more money than I have to, to get to a certain place in performance, which I feel I would have to do if I got a trx!
I am going to have to disagree with some of this. I dont really agree that it costs more to make the TRX compete with the YFZ.. I normally ride with about a half dozen YFZ's that are all piped with intake, jets and cam-mod. Im runnin with my baffle out, airbox lid off and a 175 main. I have no problem passing them on the straights or out of a berm and we all trade wins at the drag strip. In real world everyday riding these machines are very close, so close actually that it really does come down to the rider most of the time.

Old 01-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptor149
I started this thread, and lost track because I got busy with work and the winter rebuild of my quad. So I revisited it today to see what was so interesting that it is still going a week later.

And now I see that it has simply become a shouting match for some people with too much time on their hands. The thread was intended to discuss the journalistic values of a Dirtwheels article. And that was lost by the second page of posts.

I should have known better that this thread would invite the old "my quad is better than your quad" posts.
Well your right, you should have known better than to start this. As far as Dirtwheels goes, an article from them is about as valuble as a nice steamy pile of dog ****.

Old 01-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can we ignore the toddlers that want to argue and just move on? The moderators will 86 them soon enough...

Something I'd like to throw into the discussion is the lower otd cost of the TRX. I can get it for $6500 and the YFZ is about $7200 - here in AZ at least. Hmmm, that's $700 to throw at the TRX before even starting. I could add the HRC kit and already have 50hp before spending the same total $ on the YFZ. With the YFZ, it needs a slip-on and cam mod (freebie) just to keep up in a straight line. If you put shoxs on both, it still means the Honda is a bit less $ to get to a serious machine. Without shocks, the YFZ will handle rough stuff better. Hmmm. Then you throw in the Suzuki - which will cost more, but you're farther down the mod path.

And I thought I had my mind made up...

Old 01-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

When you step up to race level both the trx and the yfz will need arms and shocks Also the motors will need the same parts to fast on both But the honda will have smoother power and will easier to ride So just wait untill this season is over and add up overall wins And then we can say who's the best Also last year honda has more wins than yamaha look up GNCC,TT.MX,and desert And start counting wins

Old 01-11-2006, 10:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a stock Z400 and was dissapointed when i raced 2 different 450r's and beat them both off the line and was only 1 quad length behind them in the end. I raced one down the road and one on sand.

Old 01-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 03Z400Rider
I have a stock Z400 and was dissapointed when i raced 2 different 450r's and beat them both off the line and was only 1 quad length behind them in the end. I raced one down the road and one on sand.
Yes well congratulations, you must have one very well tuned z400. But, what does that have to do with this thread??????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was just saying that i wasnt very happy with the 450r. I thought they were supposed to be one of the faster 4-wheelers, but a stock Z400 can keep up to it?

Old 01-12-2006, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider

I would have to see it in person to beleave a stock z400 even come close to hanging with any brand 450

Quick Reply: Shootout: YFZ450 TRX450R