Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster and banshee being discontinued???

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster and banshee being discontinued???

I have heard rumors that the blaster and banshee are going to be discontiued soon due to the fact that they are two stroke and pollute and take lots of gas, is this true, will it actually happen, if so how soon. On the yamaha website it says it is the final year for the banshee is this true for the blaster as well?

steve

Old 01-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

YES it is true... if you don't beleive me wait till next summer when they aren't on show room floors and it's 100% 4 strokes

Old 01-05-2006, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

yea man.... where have u been? lol

im sad to see them go though. the banshee is an amazing machine and the blaster is great for beginers and every1 in between. it sux that all the 2-strokes are dying out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-05-2006, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

it does suck. ive known these machines since their introductions. although the prices have swelled considerably, they are basically the same thing since then. I will miss them too. but as it has been pointed out before on these forums, i think they are setting the stage for a 250cc fourstroke...hopefully they will keep the cost down enough to produce a machine to compete with the z250 and 250ex.

If they do base it on the yz/wr250f engine, then it will certainly stomp the other two- and it maybe wont be so much a "beginner's" bike as it would be a novice or higher skill level due to the power. but i hope they make it and keep the cost down. it will be a cool, light machine to play around with. However, it may produce a predatory marketing situation within the yamaha camp as it may steal some thunder and sales from the raptor 350...buy hey, survival of the fittest now rules. you either make changes and updates in the lineup or you get left behind. the days of 'bold new graphics" are thankfully over i hope.

Old 01-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: twentycharacters
it does suck. ive known these machines since their introductions. although the prices have swelled considerably, they are basically the same thing since then. I will miss them too. but as it has been pointed out before on these forums, i think they are setting the stage for a 250cc fourstroke...hopefully they will keep the cost down enough to produce a machine to compete with the z250 and 250ex.

If they do base it on the yz/wr250f engine, then it will certainly stomp the other two- and it maybe wont be so much a "beginner's" bike as it would be a novice or higher skill level due to the power. but i hope they make it and keep the cost down. it will be a cool, light machine to play around with. However, it may produce a predatory marketing situation within the yamaha camp as it may steal some thunder and sales from the raptor 350...buy hey, survival of the fittest now rules. you either make changes and updates in the lineup or you get left behind. the days of 'bold new graphics" are thankfully over i hope.
yea... i cant wait to see wat they're gunna make to replace the bikes. i hope it wont be another raptor replica, kuz theres already 6 of them, hahaha.

Old 01-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

don't forget the wolverine.

Old 01-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Range Rover

But you gutta figure. There is still plenty of Banshee's and Blaster's to go around. They've been making them since the late 80's.

Old 01-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TrikeMan05
But you gutta figure. There is still plenty of Banshee's and Blaster's to go around. They've been making them since the late 80's.
yea thats tru...... they wont be gone forever.... just gone from the dealers. it still sux though, haha.

by the way... i didnt forget the wolvie.

1.raptor 700r
2.raptor 660r
3.raptor 350
4.wolverine
5.raptor 80
6.raptor 50

Old 01-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

what about the yfz450 you forgot that one

Old 01-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Trailblazer

hey grizzman ur my fav. pollock...haha grizzman aka adam...seriously knows that when i was a beginner i sucked at riding but ive gotten so much better b/c of the blaster and it sucks 2 see em go...hey adam(grizzman42) u have seen me take a few spills...shhh

Quick Reply: Blaster and banshee being discontinued???