Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

HID Lighting for Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Lighting for Banshee

Does anyone out there have any experience with HID lighting for a Yamaha Banshee? Is there any kit out there that can be put on for the Banshee... is there one to avoid?

I would like to upgrade the lighting on mine for night rides in the dunes.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trail Tech has what you need, however you will pay for it.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Trailblazer

It appears that all their kits are for quads with batteries... but I emailed them to see if there is a kit.

Hopefully they have one so I can add it to my signature list of things I have installed on my quad.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

Go to there DC conversion area on the site and they explain a lot about what you need and what the Banshee can handle before and after conversions. It is a good read for people interested in lighting upgrades for any machine. I just thought it was to much money to spend on my 230.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Trailblazer

Oh yea, good into there... thanks for pointing that out.

So, I wonder if anyone out there has installed one of these on a Banshee or another type of quad and what their impression was after their investment?

Old 01-18-2006, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider

Like I said I was interested however you will have at least $300 into it for their HID set up with lights, rectifier, battery/capacitor of some kind. I just think it was to much to spend on my little 230. It might be worth it for you or someone else with a nicer machine in need of better lighting. I think the HID's are worth it though.

Old 01-18-2006, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

I HAD HIDs on my raptor but the vibration just messes them up. Right now one light works and the other is dead. I took them off anyways when I got my anti-vibe stem. Id recommend them if you arent jumping or going through rough terrain. They do light up everything and look sweet on the bike though. I can sell you mine and you can send them to TT to get fixed, might save you some $.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

I can not run them on my bike with out switching to a DC system because I have no battery or charging system, kick start only on my 87. Thanks for the offer, but I think I just going to look for some new 35watt lights, one fog for low beam and one driving for high beam and run that off my currant stator. My currant system is only good for about 45watts I guess.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Trailblazer

Caliraptor- Thanks for the info. If I spend the $$ I definitely want a bullet-proof system. I wouldnt be bashing the HIDs or putting them through a lot of abuse (I dont treat my quads like that) but I would just want them to work on the quad.

Its too bad your system didnt work out the way you wanted it to.

Old 01-18-2006, 11:41 PM
Range Rover

I put on Hid lights I bought online from the Hidstore. They went right into the stock housing. I put them in over two years ago. I ride alot dirt, dunes and jump and never have had to even change a bulb yet. Boy do they light up the dunes!

Quick Reply: HID Lighting for Banshee