Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 700 gained 53lbs to make race ready

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 700 gained 53lbs to make race ready

I just got done finishing my 700 for the stock class for XC racing. As I took off stock stuff I weighed them, then weighed the new stuff being put on. I now know why the 700 is under 400lbs. If you keep it stock, it's great. But add mods to it will add weight. Heck, that front bumper only weighed 8 ounces, then the new one weighed 3.4lbs. So just the front bumper is 3lbs. Hiper wheels and Razr2 tires added 23lbs, nerf bars were 9lbs more. The full skids added another 9lbs. The Lonestar axle added 5lbs, then the a-arm and hand guards added 4lbs. So now my dry weight is 451lbs. So you can see I didn't add anything that most people don't add, but gained a lot of weight. So considering the YFZ has simular stock stuff, making it XC ready would put it over 400lbs. You can see a few pics of it in my GNCCquad album. It was dark so there a little hard to see. I will get better ones tomorrow.

Old 01-21-2006, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 700 gained 53lbs to make race ready

Well I lost five pounds with an exhaust system change, and I took the headlights and tail light off, with the wiring harnesses. Ohlins shocks are one pound lighter each in front, and almost two pounds lighter for the rear shock. And I use lighter T-9 Baja wheels instead of the beadlocked Hipers. So I figure I lost as much with the exhaust, lights, and shocks, as I gained with the T-9 wheels and Flexx handlebars. That means the only weight I gained was from the front bumper, the iRazrs, the swingarm skid, and the precision dampener, which I'm guessing is about 16 lbs. Those PRM skids and bumpers you are using are pretty heavy. I use the stock rear bumper, a much lighter AC Racing front bumper, a very small but sturdy swingarm skid, the stock plastic engine skid plate, and no a-arm skids, or hand guards. That makes my YFZ 90 lbs lighter than your Raptor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. Actually its probably not that much, I'm just messing with you, LOL.

Good post though, and something alot of people don't think about when they start adding on mods.