Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee in the sand

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 12:41 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee in the sand

this is my first sports quad and everybody is telling me to ride the sand dunes. how different is riding in the sand compaerd to riding trails and tracks other than the obvious sand any thing will help a lot thank you

Old 01-27-2006, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee in the sand

to me, sand is the 'funnest' surface to ride on. you can spin, rip and haul butt. if you are riding minor dunes, or flats, then paddles wont be a necessity. but if you see the draggin', hillshooting, or want to attempt bigger hills and other competitions, or want better grip, you may want to get some type of sand tire or paddles.

also, if you bust it in the sand, it wont hurt as bad as on dirt. sand is more forgiving than other surfaces. not saying you cant get hurt or that you shouldnt wear protective gear in the sand, you absolutley should. but the combination of forgiving surface + protective gear is a good deal for any atv rider. also, environmentally, riding on sand is the best way to go- not many things live out there and hardly no vegitation to worry about destroying..but you know the tree huggers say its always hurting something (although i think that God made these creatures smart enough to get out of harms way if it comes - they just dig out of the way and scurry down deeper - plus in 20 yrs of riding, ive NEVER seen any animal hurt in the sand, no little dead bodys of mysterious creatures of anykind)....anyway...

a banshee is fun in the sand, it's really the only place it's at home, IMO. the DS is prob the best dune cruiser though. trails and track are fun, but mix it with sand and it's "funner." riding a sand track is cool as well.