Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

NEED HELP BANSHEE VS YFZ 450

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP BANSHEE VS YFZ 450

Originally posted by: Speedy2222
if you get 1000 hours out of a shee that is realiable..

2strokes require alot of work... alot of pistons, alot of rings, alot of $
Well, my bikes need pistons and rings every 2 years. I do it sooner than needed, so I don't have to bore the cylinders, just hone. Also, it only takes 3 hrs to rebuild a topend. More like matinence than a rebuild, Weisco pro lite pistons, rings, and gasket kit is $175. Hardly expensive every 2 years.

Old 01-28-2006, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: YFZracer12<b
Let me change back to the stock piston, carb/jettings, filter, valves, valve springs, put the air box on and lid, pipe, CDI box, lowering kit, cams, gearing AND ILL BE ON MY WAY!!

start signing those pink slips, NO WAIT ILL JUST TAKE EM AND GIVE THEM AWAY!![/quote]

Ha ha. Let me see what I need to change to beat you.............Oh yeah NOTHING.

Old 01-28-2006, 11:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Originally posted by: midnite
if you get 1000 hours out of a shee that is realiable..

2strokes require alot of work... alot of pistons, alot of rings, alot of $
Well, my bikes need pistons and rings every 2 years. I do it sooner than needed, so I don't have to bore the cylinders, just hone. Also, it only takes 3 hrs to rebuild a topend. More like matinence than a rebuild, Weisco pro lite pistons, rings, and gasket kit is $175. Hardly expensive every 2 years.
3 hours is 2 hours to long

Old 01-28-2006, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

3 hours is 2 hours to long[/quote]

I take my time. Usually have a few brewski's when I do it, so the longer it takes, the more brewski's I drink.

Old 01-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that a two stroke require less maintenance than the new racing four strokes do. Yup, and I'm sticking to my guns with that one as well. I've owned countless two stroke dirt bikes, as well as a Banshee. I've also owned two YFZ 450s, and the KTM 525 in my signature. If you include the time you spend doing valve maintenance on the new racing four strokes two or three times a year, compared to at most a once yearly top end on a Banshee, the Banshee requires LESS time on maintenance. I know a lot of you guys don't do valve maintenance on your racing four strokes, but you should. This is especially the case with the Honda 450R engine, which is even more high maintenance than the Yamaha 450.

Old 01-28-2006, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DesertViper
I'm going to go against the grain here and say that a two stroke require less maintenance than the new racing four strokes do. Yup, and I'm sticking to my guns with that one as well. I've owned countless two stroke dirt bikes, as well as a Banshee. I've also owned two YFZ 450s, and the KTM 525 in my signature. If you include the time you spend doing valve maintenance on the new racing four strokes two or three times a year, compared to at most a once yearly top end on a Banshee, the Banshee requires LESS time on maintenance. I know a lot of you guys don't do valve maintenance on your racing four strokes, but you should. This is especially the case with the Honda 450R engine, which is even more high maintenance than the Yamaha 450.
Word!

Old 01-29-2006, 12:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

thank you every one for your help sorry aboout the caps as i sed this is my first time on here it seams liek every 1 likes wut they like im just trying to buy them brand new and do a little work to them just for the rideing i do like once every couple months i herd from some 1 that with the banshees you have to tune the carbs due to the weather i just wanted to kno if that was true and if i got both quads brand new and put t6 pipe on the banshee would it beat a 450r with a pipe or would the yfz with a pipe beat the 450

Old 01-29-2006, 05:12 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: YFZracer12
so what are u saying u wanna run em?
Sounds like fun! When ya coming to Illinois?

Old 01-29-2006, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

enforcer i will race your auto 700 hehe beat plenty of them today [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] i wont race your cheetah. I thought everyone said those new rappy 700r's were a good machine i beat one thismorning by about 3 lenghts, I also seen a completely stock predator beat it, and a stock pred. inst all that great. midnite that would be a good race considering i'll have all my stock parts on and you will be hoped to a 409cc, and that i weight 187 lbs but im also 6'5

Old 01-29-2006, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Banshees being unreliable is not true.If you install pipes,you will have to rejet it.this may take a few tries but once it's jetted you should be done with the carbs.Now if you ride it in temps around 85 degrees then later on ride it in 30 degree weather,sure it will probably need to be rejetted.Unless the weather change is extreme,then it will be fine.If I was you,buy the T-5's.If you have the cylinders ported,T-5's,advance the timing(timing plate),increase compression,and even use the stock carbs,that banshee will really wake up.The 4-strokes better have alot done to them in order to keep up.LOL!

Quick Reply: NEED HELP BANSHEE VS YFZ 450